PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Flying in Sierra Leone

Gunship
6th Jun 2003, 03:46
:8 I had a very entertaining evening out and walked into an old Dutch friend that used to work for KLM.... very interesting indeed.

Here are a few comments he made for what it is worth :

Sierra National Airlines have made use of Midwest Airlines for the past 5 weeks and everyone (inc me) are very happy, ut they only have a 6 week or max 3 month contract. Apparently the deal with Air Holland is not on track as the ways to steal is not good enough. That is why they want their own aircraft.

I loved Red - Air, but Red - Air was outdone by SNA as competition and their luggage was for instance not off- loaded, stolen or just mishandled. Landing fees doubled and eventually GONE .. exactly what SNA wanted (no competition)

ECO - Air according to him is still just a "myth" as he calls it. As he said he also has a AOL ? Is that the name ?

SN Brussles are doing well and might even increase to an extra flight. The aircraft broke down 3 weeks ago and stood in Ivory Coast for three days.
All pax accomodation paid for (obvioisly) and then they got 5000 free miles .. if you complained they made it 10 000.

Sorry just a bit of useless info ... ;)

Cheers,

Gunns

concordino
9th Jun 2003, 04:27
This is all typical of West African aviation :rolleyes:

BTW what equipement does SN Brussel use on that route ?

Cheers

Gunship
9th Jun 2003, 06:50
I can only pressume A A 310 or B757 - I just know it was changed last week after the "Ivory Coast incident".

I will give you feed - back this week.

Cheers,

Gunns

Gunship
14th Jun 2003, 05:00
Lo Concordino,

SN Brussels fly a A310 on the route and are on average 78% full. Right now "silly season 2" they are full.