PDA

View Full Version : Nosey medical questionnaire

tmmorris
6th Jun 2003, 01:07
I went for my class 2 renewal today (passed - whew!). The form I had to fill in asked me lots of what were frankly irrelevant questions: what type of aircraft I fly, how many hours since last medical, type of licence held, &c., which are nothing to do with the medical. All the medical needs to do is to assess whether you meet the standard - yes or no.

What is the CAA doing with all this information? I don't want to be paranoid, but if they want to know things like this they should ask legitimately, not tack it onto the medical where it doesn't belong.

Tim

BRL
6th Jun 2003, 01:11
Hi mods. I have copied this here in the hope someone will be able to answer his question.

There is already a copy of it on my forum just in case you were thinking of multiple post syndrome or something like that... :)
P.E.

WorkingHard
7th Jun 2003, 04:32
I agree with the first post so come on someone please tell us why. Also why has the Class 2 medical suddenly become the SECOND CLASS medical? No it is not a mistake on my part and it is not just a questiom of semantics. A medical is a medical and may be categorised for different reasons but PLEASE, I am never a second class citizen in anything.
CAA answers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonathang
7th Jun 2003, 04:50
This is not the definate answer,

But I would assume the CAA want to have data to compare to your previous medical submission to catch people sitting medicals on behalf of others etc.

Possibly a way ot catching out fraud ?

expedite_climb
7th Jun 2003, 06:11
I think it is just a way of checking details, and the only way of monitoring experience.

Does seem a bit daft that every year I should put that my medical was suspended when I broke my arm 4 years ago. Hardly relevant !!