PDA

View Full Version : Son of BEagle?

Chalkstripe
5th Jun 2003, 19:50
BEagle,

Anything that you should be telling us about?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2965400.stm

:=

CS

fobotcso
6th Jun 2003, 01:27
Can't keep anything secret around here for very long.

BEagle
6th Jun 2003, 03:26
Greetings, Earthmen!

Well, the launch went fine. BŁoody noisy though - and a bit nail biting waiting for the 3rd stage to spark up. But it did and now we're on the trans-Martian phase. Bit boring really, just watching the Red Planet getting bigger in the window whilst hohlshv hedh ertu 655qw9 bprclkf\js......hoping that nothing will go wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggg. But we're still showing 28 v DC on the primary DC busbars, so here's hoping!

Should get to Mars around Christmas - hope the DVD collection lasts that long. Then into Martian orbit, followed by a translation orbit, then a de-orbital burn before making planetfall. We have to do the usual scientific cr@p about drilling holes and collecting specimens - but will probably nip off down the pub with any Martian chums we come across.

Minor snagette- I haven't actually found a switch marked 'Return to Earth mode' yet. But no fears; Binnsworth say it's only a short detachmentttttttttxljcljgjv jv ph op5yh o5yv #pdosi #rg [e` e#sd xc`

HectorusRex
6th Jun 2003, 18:50
"Then into Martian orbit"
Sure that isn't a "Martian 'erbert"?
especially after a session."but will probably nip off down the pub with any Martian chums we come across":E

FEBA
6th Jun 2003, 22:07
Beagle
Beware of sloping off down to a Martian boozer. Last person that did that (Captain Scarlet) sparked a war between Earth and the Mysterons. Only Spectrum and those lovely angels and APC's with the driving seats back to front could sort it out!
FEBA

BEagle
6th Jun 2003, 23:50
Good point, FEBA, well made. And those angels were the closest things to females we experienced in the South Brick Lines at jolly old Cranners back in the Summer of '69...

But a few Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters shouldn't cause too much upset in a Martian boozer.

Seem to remember a Star-Trek episode when some poor sod has to attend a Klingon dining-in night. Epic!

Oh well, back to the viewport. Star......another star.....and another. Oh - and a few more over there....and there!

FEBA
6th Jun 2003, 23:55
BEagle
Say hello to Marvin the paranoid android. "Life don't talk to me about life"
Sometimes I know exactly how he feels
FEBA

MarkD
7th Jun 2003, 01:01
BEags...

I presume this mission breaks Black Buck's record as the longest RAF mission? :D

t'Baron didn't have his mitts anywhere near BEagle 2 then?

ShyTorque
7th Jun 2003, 02:56
Hey Beags,

That pub you hope to go to...is it a Mars bar?

BTW, I hope you took both poles for your tent, I think trees might be in short supply.

And don't forget to dig a trench as soon as you land. Elsan fluid?

BEagle
7th Jun 2003, 03:41
Tent....trench....Elsan? Oooh, deary me no!

Last time I saw Marvin, he was flying FRA Falcons from Trumpton International.

Don't think 't bungling Baron has had much to do with this project....hang on, have just found a bit in the manual which states that the return to Earth bit will be sent out to Mars.....'soon'. It's a BWoS contract.....so that'll be 'soon' as in Nimrod 2000, EF 2000 which were to be in service 'soon' after 2000??

BUG.GER!!

Stars, stars, more stars....and a red rock getting bigger!