PDA

View Full Version : BA in Turin

no, no, no
5th Jun 2003, 19:02
I have seen that BA are selling a new 1x LGW-TRN from Nov increasing to 2x daily in Dec. Has anyone heard confirmation of this as they haven't announced anything about this new service.

I know for a long time Turin has been after a full service scheduled airline to operate London-Turin as ryanair are currently the only ones. Turin did want an overnight service from Turin to Heathrow though so it will be interesting to see how this new service do. It isn't the largest of places afterall!!!

It is also to beleived that Turin wanted a new carrier to operate the route so they can say farewell to Ryan and all of their unreasonable demands the impose on airports........ if this happens could this have a knock-on effect at other airports????

:hmm:

FougaMagister
5th Jun 2003, 19:29
Ryanair got the Bergerac Chamber of Commerce and Industry (which owns Bergerac airport) to pay them to land there instead of the other way around... The locals were probably scared of the tourism consequences of losing the Ryanair "service".

Then MOL felt emboldened and tried the same trick at Grenoble-St. Geoirs... Trouble is, Ryanair hadn't done their homework: Grenoble airport is owned and operated by Lyon airport, who have enough traffic anyway to ignore such threats from Ryanair. Bottom line: they told MOL to get stuffed!

Way to go, guys!

Ghurka
9th Jun 2003, 03:20
duo operate full service trn-bhx in the guise of BA

quixeven
14th Jul 2003, 17:44
duo operate full service trn-bhx in the guise of BA
Not anymore :{

Taken from the BA site, AskBA section: Question: Is duo airways limited withdrawing their Birmingham to Turin service?

Answer: Yes, duo airways ltd have announced their decision to withdrawn their services between Birmingham (BHX) and Turin (TRN) from 4 August 2003.

But we will have the LGW flights indeed, starting as of October 26. Given the low prices that BA is doing, I hope this will mean a significant reduction of the RYR prices as well...they have been in a monopolistic position since BA, Alitalia and Meridiana gave up the services from TRN to LHR and LGW.

Cheers,

Nicola