PDA

View Full Version : Hueys in Randwick (Australia)

hueywsh
5th Jun 2003, 18:52
Does anyone out there know what the four Australian Army Hueys were doing at Randwick barracks on the 5-6 June? Always great to see and HEAR these magnificent helos in the skies above Sydney. They departed today and headed south, coastal of course. Just curious, thanks.

Cheers

Fox3snapshot
6th Jun 2003, 07:46
Could be for many reasons including training, VIP, deployment support etc. As randwick is the Holding Company for a lot of ADF overseas deployments it assumes a training function as well. We used Kiowas at Randwick for our famil work before deployment overseas.

:8

hueywsh
6th Jun 2003, 09:48
Thanks Fox, I thought as much.

Cheers

EmeraldToilet
7th Jun 2003, 04:03
Hello people
Well I never thought that as I am sat in the not so sunny UK I could comment on what is happening in Aus, but thanks to the wonders of Exercise Long Look, I can tell you that the Hueys were transporting a rugby team around the place. Now if I can just get my turn on Long Look I will be able to tell you where the hell Randwick is!!!!!

Or I could just go visit in five weeks, oh I am!! :ok:

Fox3snapshot
7th Jun 2003, 21:04
Ooops! did I not mention that last important aspect of operational service life that may require a four ship of Hueys to dust up the paddocks at Randwick.....Rugby!

:E

EmeraldToilet
7th Jun 2003, 21:39
Fox3snapshot

Where do I sign up, we can't get a four ship of anything, with the exception of heli-bedfords maybe, regardless of the tasking!!

Fox3snapshot
7th Jun 2003, 21:54
Its OK, I think its all done with mirrors down under as well....

:ooh:

hueywsh
8th Jun 2003, 07:02
Fox, I wish they would turn up every weekend. Are you talking about ADF sport or promotional stuff like state of origin. I remember a while back the Navy provided a seahawk for a grand final and the army provided some blackhawks for the wallabies.

Thanks for your replies guys

Cheers