PDA

View Full Version : Any Help,Skydiving.

GGG
5th Jun 2003, 05:17
Does any one know who I could contact to find out if they need a pilot to drop their meat bombs at a skydiving club in the Gauteng area?Something always wanted to try and while I wait for reply from interview,thought why not!Any help greatly appreciated.:}

An2
6th Jun 2003, 22:46
Triple G,
The best thing to do, when it comes to dropzones, is to pay them a visit. Jump pilots usually are a tight knit unit and it will probably take some "networking" before you're accepted.;)
However, if you happen to succed.......it will be rewarding!:ok: It's a whole lot of fun, I tell ya!!:D

6th Jun 2003, 22:56
What types of aircraft are rated on? For the C206, which are mostly turbo charged you could try Carletonville. They asually have two aircraft flying. Or you could try Witbank. There is an operation north of Wonderboom that uses C206's otherwise you can try the PC6's at Wonderboom itself. But if your'e not rated, forget it!
Its a bit of a drive, but if you make the trek they'll see your'e serious and if you have the time and the rating to boot.....:ok:

GGG
7th Jun 2003, 05:06
Thanks for the replies AN2 and 126.7. I have contacted Nigel from Witbank,his roster is full at the moment but said to keep in touch and waiting for reply from Carlos at Nylstroom.Will try to give some of them a visit and see how it goes.Did you use to do droppings AN2?Not rated on the C206 but have offered to pay for my own rating,would they still accept that?

7th Jun 2003, 08:49
Find out about the insurance first. Some operators want a couple of hours on type before they let you fly solo. I think the norm is around 500TT abd about 50-100 on type! Not sure though. I dont know if the clubs are keen on letting you use the aircraft for training...I am talking of the C206 here.
good luck

Cardinal Puff
10th Jun 2003, 21:19
Most clubs prefer their drivers to be jumpers as well. Nylstroom now down to just NKH as ERG had a ....erm....regrettable mishap last weekend. Usually pretty difficult to get into unless you're a skydiver yourself as mentioned before.

BAKELA
11th Jun 2003, 17:53
GGG, very true what Cardinal Puff said. If you're not in with the click at a club or you're not a jumper yourself...chances are very slim. Best of luck anyway.

GGG
13th Jun 2003, 05:24
Well I tell you what if I had the cash I would definitely be jumping,wanting to do that even before thought of driving a plane,but one day soon.I do understand and agree with what you guys are saying though.