PDA

View Full Version : how can i delete username?

Zeppelin
4th Jun 2003, 22:17
Recently got ntl broadband and thought i would try netscape as my browser. Downloaded v7, but made a mistake and accepted the username that was offered. So thought it was a simple case of deleting netscape, downloading it again and thereby starting again from scratch.

But nooo. Somehow it still remembers my stupid original username. So is there a way of deleting it (in registary maybe?)

Incidentally the reason i tried netscape was to get a browser and email on the same page as it were, not as i have with the ntl setup where you have to sign in with name and password everytime to get to the email section(pop) from the homepage.

Using windows xp

Many thanks for any comments or advice

Jet II
5th Jun 2003, 00:31
Don't know how you can delete the username but I do use NTL and I never have to sign in to collect email.

I am using OE6 and have set the NTL mail account to remember password and username. Why can't you do this?

Tonic Please
5th Jun 2003, 01:26
hi.

Registering a New Screen Name

If you don't register for a Screen Name during Netscape installation, you can register for one through Netscape.

Unless Netscape detects that you have previously registered, you can register for a new Screen Name as part of Netscape installation.

After Netscape installation, you can use the Netscape Screen Name registration wizard to create a Screen Name. You can open the wizard in the following ways:

* From any Netscape window: Open the Help menu and choose Register Netscape.
* When creating a Webmail account in Mail & Newsgroups:
1. Open the File Menu, open New, and choose New Account. The account wizard appears.
2. Select Netscape Webmail and click Next.
3. Select "I would like to sign up for a new Netscape Webmail account" and click Next. The Netscape Screen Name registration wizard appears.
4. Follow the wizard to complete your Screen Name registration.

Tip: Registering this way automatically sets up a Webmail account that you can access through Mail & Newsgroups.
* When creating a Screen Name to use in Instant Messenger: Click "Register new screen name" at the bottom of the Instant Messenger window.

Dan :)

BRL
5th Jun 2003, 02:50
Hi mate. Have not got a clue regarding your question but would like to know what the dodgy username was..!!!!!! ???:D