PDA

View Full Version : Stansted's Long Distance Parking!!!

forget
2nd Jun 2003, 22:14
Has anyone else had problems with Stansted’s ridiculous Long Term Parking, better referred to as Long Distance Parking. Problems such as missing a flight due to forty minutes elapsing between car park ticket time and arrival at the check in desk!!! I think there’s room for a claim here but I’d be interested to hear from others who’ve been take for a ride with Pink Elephant - at 20mph.

FastJet Wannabe
3rd Jun 2003, 19:17
Take it from someone on check-in; it is not unusual for passengers to miss their flights due to parking in long-delay (long-stay) parking...

forget
4th Jun 2003, 04:10
FJW. Interesting!! What more can you and colleagues tell? I don't suppose anyone has any actual numbers. Do you know of any incidents which have been taken further. What would it take to move the terminal closer to the car park. I ask this as I don't suppose Stansted management would think of the alternative.

carbootking
4th Jun 2003, 19:15
if u want decent long term parking try this its off site meet and greet costs the same as baa carparks plus there is the meet and greet charge of 20 pounds thing is someones waiting outside of the terminal and on the way back once out of customs ur out of the airport within 5 mins its bcp meet and greet no o1279850379 if any ones intersted

Globaliser
5th Jun 2003, 01:04
Slightly OT - in following through the previous post's suggestion, I found the following on http://www.stansted-airport-parking.co.uk/ :-Stansted Airport is the largest airport in the UK and the busiest international airport in the world.Am I missing something? :D

PilotsPal
7th Jun 2003, 04:41
I don't know if I've just been lucky so far but I use the long stay car park at STN reasonably frequently and have never had this problem. I usually allow around 30 minutes for the procedure and have certainly never missed a flight because of it. Is it anything to do with the time of day?

BEagle
8th Jun 2003, 21:04
Unfortunately I no longer use STN since RyanAir took over buzz and stopped flying to FRA. But when I did I found the Pink Heffalump parking very good indeed. Mind you, the number of times I've overheard passengers concerned that their flight was due to leave in 30 minutes time....

The moral is obvious: GET THERE EARLIER!! I used to check-in at least 2 hours prior to departure, then have a leisurely sea food and wine meal at Wheelers before doing some shopping. Then on to the buzz lounge for coffee and biscuits before the flight. So much more pleaant than the hideous and expensive LHR T2.

Don't suppose MoL has kept that facility....