PDA

View Full Version : Bandeirantes Ahoy?

Skin-Friction
2nd Jun 2003, 20:07
Hi Everyone!

I am seeking out any Bandeirantes that may be lying dormant or for sale in the South East Asian region. Are there many around?
I would have thought they'd be a popular machine in parts of SE Asia. Can anybody help?

Thanx in advance!

perceval
3rd Jun 2003, 19:51
Just been to PNG and there is quite a few Bandeirante about , but disappearing .If you are looking For spares or to buy an old one , you coultry approaching Islands nationair in Port Moresby as their business seems to be quite low and at least two of their Bandits are sittin very still on the ground .
I do believe there is a few in Indonesia , but don't quote me on that .Try getting hold of a JP airline fleets .
bye

chimbu warrior
4th Jun 2003, 05:51
Try Aeromil at Maroochydore, Queensland.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Jun 2003, 14:55
Air Eagle, Hamilton, New Zealand, had 10 of them on the market (I believe for US$300,000 each) until very very recently ... they seem to have been moved when I taxied past last week though ... dunno if they've been sold or what ... could be worth following up.

Cypher
5th Jun 2003, 04:50
Well considering this is a rumour network.. heres one..

I heard from a small bird that those Bandits had been sold to Pratt and Whitney in Oz for their engines or something to that effect... Might have some truth.. I'm not sure.. I'm guessing the Eagle Bandits would have quite a high time on them?

Ramrod
9th Jun 2003, 18:06
Cypher,

Half correct, the engines have been sold to pratts and the airframes to aeromil. In total 8 of the Eagle Bandits were flown to MCY. 1 aircraft will/has been reduced to spares, leaving 7 aircraft that are available for lease or purchase.

Cypher
10th Jun 2003, 16:35
Cheers Ramrod..

The small bird.. has been shot... :8

Anti Skid On
18th Jun 2003, 16:15
I'd heard some had gone to Massey!