PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Austalia

rubber jonny
2nd Jun 2003, 04:38
Can anybody tell me the jobs situation in australia for licensed engineers and any sites that advertise.
current types A320/321
A330
B757/ B767.

Thanks.

HOVIS
4th Jun 2003, 23:52
O'Donnell aviation used to be a good source of info on jobs in Oz but I think they have merdged with Planet aviation.

Try this link.

http://www.planetaviation.com.au

My own experince is that jobs are hard to come by in the big metropolitan coastal areas but if you are prepared to work in the boonies then they will bite your hand off!!

I also heard a while ago that Virgin were building a big maintenance setup at Brisbane.

Good luck.

H
:ok:

junior tiger
5th Jun 2003, 19:29
forget Virgin,the big Qantas will have finished their hangar in brissy and there should be quite a few positions vacant.

Kanga767
5th Jun 2003, 19:32
Forget it.

Both teams just kicked out a lot of good engineers.

K

lambeth1
6th Jun 2003, 06:39
sorry no work out this way,where about to loss one half of our engineers on the 747,767 and 707 lines.work is being sent to avalon,sasco,and Air NZ.Things are looking really bad over here.Plenty of work but it's all beening outsourced.Think it's because we had a go through industrial action last year.We are witnessing the final days of Heavy Maintence in Sydney.The spirit of Australia has taken on a new meaning.

skydozer
16th Jun 2003, 06:20
Try www.airnz.co.nz as they are looking at present for new staff in the heavy maintenace hangar.

Platypus146
16th Jun 2003, 07:15
How will we know when the Brisbane jobs are going for Qantas?

Is it likely to be soon?

NAMD
19th Jun 2003, 21:51
There's a long way to go before that shed is finished. It's only just starting to appear above ground level, and it's going to be BIG.

Platypus146
21st Jun 2003, 17:13
Cool, I hope to visit Cape Town next year.

You guys sound alright. :)

Your friends probably already know it but I hear Qantas is opening another hangar at Avalon for reconfig work.

I think it's only a years work though.