PDA

View Full Version : V force question

jimgriff
2nd Jun 2003, 03:52
When a crewman on a V bomber used the "Liquid Waste Collection Tube" where was the pee stored, or was it allowed to "rain" over the earth?
Same question for the Seaking which has a similar tube for peeing into.

Just wondered!

Art Field
2nd Jun 2003, 05:03
It was mostly stored but since not everybody had the targetting skills of William Tell some got spilt which explained why at least one Victor suffered floor failure by the door.

Specaircrew
3rd Jun 2003, 01:19
It was allowed to leak on to the crew door where it froze, the crew chief was then in danger of decapitation when the door was opened and the yellow guillotine blade slid perilously to earth!

BEagle
3rd Jun 2003, 05:32
Not just the crew chief!

My first ever overseas det was a 35 Sqn Solar Flare in Luqa. The plotter had had a pee during the cruise; unfortunately the collection bladder had a substantial leak as well - and a fair quantity found its way, as Speccers describes, into the door well where it froze.

For a while, that is. Because it was pretty hot in Malta and by the time we'd flown a longish approach followed by seemingly endless taxiing, it had become liquid once more. Quite warm liquid, in fact! As we parked, out strode 'Paddington Bear', the DetCo, in his nice smart KD shirt and shorts clutching some cold Cisk to welcome us. We stopped, but before the crew chief had plugged in to the intercom so that we could warn him, Paddington had opened the door from the outside to be greeted by a welcoming yellow tidal wave......the KD shirt receiving a generous libation in particular!

Best comment came from the AEO:"That makes a change! Normally people take the piss out of Paddington - not give some to him!"

But at least we got our Cisk! In fact Paddington was quite good about it: "Bloody Crew10 - I let them come out for some sun and the first thing that they do is to pee all over me!"