PDA

View Full Version : BA DEP Sim assessment

Dissi Loo Shunned
9th Apr 2001, 22:56
I've got the BA sim assessment coming up at the end of the month and wondered if anyone has any good gen or hot tips? I know it's a BAC 1-11 LGW/GLA or vice versa with something which neccessitates a diversion. Anybody know anything.

no sponsor
10th Apr 2001, 14:08
Use the search facility. Someone recently posted about their experience - does involve a diversion. The suggestion seemed to recommend you buy some SIM time in an equivalent rust bucket to practice. One near biggin hill, the other in Bournemouth.

Lala
10th Apr 2001, 14:11
Hi! Sorry I can't help you there, but my 2nd day of tests is in may. Any advice? How was your group exercise? Do they ask any technical questions about the aircraft you're currently flying?
Cheers.

Dissi Loo Shunned
10th Apr 2001, 15:16
Hi Lala, group ex is in the format of a 35 minute discussion. Scenario is that you are group of managers in a dept. store and the staff are unhappy with the new uniform and customer service is poor. What we did is to divide up inputs before we went in, ie
Do we know exactly what the problem with the uniform is?
Why don't we have some form of meetings to establish problem areas.
Can we give them alternatives and ask for their inputs
If customer service is suffering, can we improve our recruitment and training.
As long as everyone gets a chance to say a piece and everyone else gives lots of "gosh what a great idea" type stuff they seemed happy. With 10 mins to go you get given another input saying that profits are down, what are you going to do, we went down line of - lets not panic, if we get the basics right we will ride out the storm. Interview was fairly standard stuff but no technical bits. Lots of q's like-how have you improved customer service in your current outfit and they almost always follow with "and give me an example"

Good Luck

Frederic
11th Apr 2001, 00:26
Dissi Loo, I might do the 1-11 simcx on the 9th of May. So I'm hoping to get a slot on the Bournemouth sim on the 25th of April (Friend of mine is still sorting it out)... If that's not to late for you I'm happy for you to join me. Mail me if interested.

Lala
12th Apr 2001, 12:53
Dissi Loo, thanks very much for that.
I hope you'll do well in the sim.
Best of luck.