PDA

View Full Version : O' Leary.....again.

tailscrape
2nd Jun 2003, 01:21
In today's SUNDAY TIMES, page 2 of business section. Read all about O'Leary's manic quest for global domination and his hatred of easyJet (and anyone else for that matter).

Should make for an interesting share price in the coming weeks as he talks of his desire to lower yields and profits in a bid to fill all his aircraft.

I bet the city will love that..........

Still, we are used to his inane rantings by now aren't we? Come back Stelios, your overblown self publicity is required to expunge the odious stench of a crowing, gloating O'Leary. All is forgiven.:yuk: :mad: :yuk:

CaptainFillosan
2nd Jun 2003, 03:21
..........and a number of people in Ryanair recently got an average of £18,000 for the shares they were given............and you have to admire the man - whatever you think of him.

And.......he didn't lose £42m like wot EJ did - did he?

Love him or detest him, he knows what he is about, what he wants, and you can be sure he will get it. He is certainly doing no harm to the airline industry. You cannot say that about most of the airlines right now.

Stop squealing and give the man credit.

tailscrape
2nd Jun 2003, 03:38
fillosan,

Don't be so sensitive!

akerosid
2nd Jun 2003, 04:00
Two stories in today's media alone show a need for someone with O'Leary's unique diplomatic talents.

Irish Premier Bertie Ahern, never one accused of a strong political backbone, is said to be buckling under pressure from Irish trade union, ICTU, and its boss, in relation to a second terminal at Dublin Airport. The minister, Seamus Brennan - arguably the government's best minister - could be undermined by the ICTU boss. We can ill afford to lose what little progress has been made in this area.

It is much needed; the second story reports that (despite a very expensive refit), Dublin Airport is rated second only to JFK as one of travellers' least favourite airports. No doubt Aer Rianta is leaning on ICTU to "up the ante" with the government and if it gets away with it, will continue to offer pitiful excuses for inactivity. Irish aviation "policy" needs someone who can spit nails, because between Bertie's backbone and Aer Rianta's ineffectiveness, Ireland needs some clear direction in this area. This is particularly the case now, when Ireland is losing a competitive edge and is gaining a reputation for being expensive.

CaptainFillosan
2nd Jun 2003, 05:11
tailscrape

Sensitive, me? Not at all. Just saying it as it is. Been around this business for too long to be sensitive. But I do recognise a winner when I see one.

Just watch this space as they say!