PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Airlines Aviation School - Is It Hard To Get In??

willchum
2nd Jun 2003, 00:52
Hey guys, just joined the forum..

Just wondered if anybody can shed some light with regards to the PAL Aviation School. Is it a very competitive selection process to get in?

Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Will.

topman999
2nd Jun 2003, 18:02
Hi Willchum,

I cant shed any light on this issue, but be warned - All of SE Asia ( only exceptions are Sinagapore and Malaysia) is one big topic of disinterest here among the vast majority of Ppruners ! Who knows why ?

lightoutandarmed
8th Jun 2003, 23:57
hi willchum...
why on earth would you want to join PAL av school? for the same amount of money you'll be spending to get into that institution i'd rather go somewhere else and get a real education.
just a piece of advice from someone who's been there.

Navitimer
17th Jun 2003, 17:14
If you have the money to spare, better go to the US for some serious flight training. If the security check's too much for you, try Australia. PAL AVSCHOOL is a ghost of its former self. Sure, they offer this and that courses but be warned, they have this knack of changing the contract price every now and then. And besides, the only sure way is for you to have a very strong backer to be able to assure yourself of a slot. So be wise, heed the voice from above! Look elsewhere for your training.

Been there, seen it all, didn't like it at all!

firehorse
21st Jun 2003, 11:40
They have some nice trainers but the PAL school is 100% Who you know if you get my meaning....

unruly
25th Jun 2003, 15:15
Price for training from 0hrs to 200hrs (from student to CPL) will set you back PhP1.4M ($30, 000 by todays rate). Doesn't include board and lodging. Also subject to changes as they see fit.

bisaya
2nd Jul 2003, 15:08
what do you mean by SOME nice trainers? do i not have the right to choose my instructors? do they offer add-on training? CFI? IR? i heard they only do 200hour packages.