PDA

View Full Version : I can't get into chat (or anything Java)

LowNSlow
1st Jun 2003, 20:05
Every time I try to get into chat I get a message saying "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" aas a message from Iexplore.

I've reduced the security settings to their lowest level, I've made sure that the Java settings in Tools are enabled but this still happens.

Help please.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tonic Please
2nd Jun 2003, 01:41
Reset internet settings, or disable the internal Java JIT (just in time) compiler, and then load the Web page that contains the Java program again. To disable the internal Java JIT compiler, click Options on the View menu in Internet Explorer, click the Advanced tab, and then click the Enable Java JIT Compiler check box to clear it.

If the Java program runs automatically when you load the Web page after disabling Internet Explorer's Java JIT compiler, the problem may be caused by an incompatibility between the Java program and the Java JIT compiler.

Hope this helps? :confused:

Dan

LowNSlow
2nd Jun 2003, 07:03
Thanks for the advice Dan but chat still blows me out :ugh: How do I resolve an incompatibility between the Java program (Pprune chat) and the Java JIT compiler?

Any more suggestions anybody :confused: :confused:

BRL
2nd Jun 2003, 09:50
Hi there. Go to the ' sun java ' homepage, google will guide you and download the latest java thingy from there then re-instal it and try again. Not saying this will work but its worth a try.

Just done google and got this. Download JAVA (http://java.sun.com/getjava/) here.
Good luck.

LowNSlow
2nd Jun 2003, 16:39
Thanks B R L, that worked the oracle. :ok: :ok:

See you on the 7th.

BRL
2nd Jun 2003, 18:14
Cheers mate, mines a Stella... ;)