PDA

View Full Version : For all SIA pilots

Moonraker2003
1st Jun 2003, 12:40
Would appreciate if any of you can care to explain / answer the below questions:-

How United are you pilots in your present situation?

What is the ratio of voting unity of 'nays and 'yeahs'?

Is it all talk talk behind closed doors or is it open without fear?

What is the public opinion polls on this issue?

Gladiator
12th Jun 2003, 05:44
Go on strike. It works.

Lee
12th Jun 2003, 08:24
Gladiator,

Sounds like you want a second comeback to SIA, oops I mean ISA!

When the pilots go on strike, the Government will restart a new airline, call it Internal Security Airline, and maybe name you as their VP of Flight Operations, or Chief Pilot 744. (BTW, is your 744 rating still current?)

Quite good for an ex-F/O to become VP or Chief Pilot!

But you will have your office not in Changi Airline House, but in Changi Jail!

That's so much for insighting pilots to strike!

411A
12th Jun 2003, 08:53
Perhaps not Changi jail.

Recall in 1980, a B747 crew whom had a slip in DXB, all had rooms overlooking the pool at the Sheraton Hotel. Filipino band playing late into the evening...no sleep.

When they reported to the aeroplane, there was a tech delay, 4-5 hours. Arrived in ZRH (enroute AMS) and all had exceeded normal duty times. Rather than extend, they went to hotac.

Captain....fired.

F/O....fired, three days later found himself in active national service.

F/E...fired.

In the end, the company had to apologize and rehire same, except the Captain who was making big bucks in SV.
Told 'em to stick their job where the sun don't shine.

Moonraker2003
12th Jun 2003, 10:40
Guys:
My questions were for my own knowledge; However my posted questions should have read as below

For all SIA pilots

Would appreciate if any of you can care to explain / answer the below questions:-

How United are you pilots in your present situation?

******Totally ,unsure, just a few!!

What is the ratio of voting unity of 'nays and 'yeahs'?

******100%, -- Difficult to answer !

Is it all talk talk behind closed doors or is it open without fear?

****A good explanation would have sufficed!

What is the public opinion polls on this issue?

**** 0 to whatever! IF there is a public opinion forum or polls put up either in your papers, or wherever you put them up.

Must be quite frustrating when one has to swallow what is being dished out by the top brass. Good Luck guys. Stay United.

Strike is not the answer to all problems this is my opinion, it is another way to define Violence/ Defiance, and is unprofessional & pilots do not fall into the unskilled illiterate community--again my opinion

Gladiator
13th Jun 2003, 07:43
This would be the turning point in history of Singapore since the dynasty of Lee Kuan Yew and Royal Prince BG Lee.

Strike now.

How many can they jail? Union head may be (If he has balls). Shut down SIA? No way.

You choose the outcome. That is how things are done here anyway. You have been brainwashed for too long. They have you by the balls but you have them by the balls too. You are just too scared to squeeze.

The outcome is in your hands. Do you think the management where I work does not think in the same lines as SQ management. Sure they do. The difference is we have balls. Just got 4% raise in May.

knackeredII
13th Jun 2003, 11:46
Gladiator, yours are not the words of a wise man. If you have spent ANY time in a country outside of OZ, you'd realize that human reactions to things like this run deep into the collective personality and for someone like yorself to be recommending an action which would be anathema to most Singaporeans smacks of ignorant bravado. Sure, the managements get away with what they want in Sing but don't go imposing Australian solutions (which btw haven't been that successful in recent years) on other countries. It doesn't even work in Oz any more if the contents of an article in todays paper are anything to go by (Australians working more free overtime than nearly every other country).

Why don't you come and lead the charge if you feel so strongly about it!

G.Khan
13th Jun 2003, 13:03
I agree 100% with the sentiments you express but have to disagree with the geography! I think you will find that Gladiator is in the USA, working for Alaska Airlines, Seattle based!(and ex SIA):D

411A
13th Jun 2003, 22:32
Ah yes, seem to remember that the pilot in question was one of the 'choosen few' from downunder, who came to SQ with rather largish chips on their collective shoulders...and promptly tried to 'inform' the company how to run the show.

Didn't work then, won't work now.

Gladiator
14th Jun 2003, 03:46
It is all up to you guys. You can take care of it now or bend over for the rest of time.

Never say never. You have been ruled by fear for far too long and fear is winning.

knackeredII
14th Jun 2003, 13:05
OK Thanks GK. Noted for future reference.