PDA

View Full Version : albert K's

RCOV 2 ENG
31st May 2003, 06:39
what is happening about re-sparring the K's wings???
I was speaking to a flight eng the other day, and she was telling me that the herc " K " is now going to get re-sparred.
firstly, because i have been ooa for some time now, i am a little behind with what is going on. also is there any more news about the nimrod mr4a, and when it is likely to Quote " enter service ", or even enter large scale production, as i know only that it was shelved by BWofS late last year?

any new gen would be a great help!

ps. KC 767 or Airbus A310, A330?

cheerz stelladrinkin' :ok:

Helmut Visorcover
31st May 2003, 09:01
"and she was telling me that the herc". There lies the problem. You allowed a member of cabin crew to give you some gen. And a Doris! Fluffy kittens and knitting, etc.....

JimNich
1st Jun 2003, 05:46
In a desperate attempt to stop this thread becoming another name caling match I will now, without the aid of a safety net, try to answer RCOVs question.

Hercules K respar: Heard a similar rumour, don't know how accurate it is. I'm guessing its no more than one of those "options" that the brass keep up there sleeve but I could be wrong.

MRA4: Production to cease on all aircraft bar three which will be used as feasability testbeds to see if the project advances from that stage. Timescale unknown.

More I do not know. Hope you manage to get a more sensible and coherent answer to your K query.

But I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)

Always_broken_in_wilts
1st Jun 2003, 12:51
Helmet,
Read before you speak you appropriately named one

"I was speaking to a flight eng the other day, and she was telling me.........."

I may be a humble ALM but last time I looked the Flight Engineer occupied a permanent seat on the flight deck making your "cabin crew" pop look pretty stupid.........as I said read the question muppet:yuk:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

jungly
1st Jun 2003, 15:18
Goodness me it is easy to tickle the odd crab nerve! Is suspect Helmut was "making a joke"...skies blue, not pink etc!

Still always a bit dodgy making fun of the back-enders and FEs Mr Helmut...you never know how much of the chefs special sauce you may get in your next meal! Likewise dont take the p1ss out of anyone with contact lenses....a few eye-drops in your cup-canteen-metal-folding and you'll be sh1tting through the eye of a needle at 20 paces. It sometimes takes just a little too long to get that 'grow bag' off!

Sounds like BWoS/MOD have conspired to see the MR4 a museum piece already....damn shame.

We asked a cabin crew member how many engines we had (A340)...she said "two". After half an hour she came running back most apologetic, announicing that, in fact, we had "four...but that there were only two on her side" :\ Wibble

Top Bunk Tester
2nd Jun 2003, 17:03
Confused

There is only one female Air Engineer in the RAF, and although she is now on VC10s she was a very competent Eng on C130s. I'm sure she would not have said the above because as we all know(?) the C130 does not have a main spar!

RCOV 2 ENG
3rd Jun 2003, 04:20
Top Bunk Tester
"because as we all know(?) the c130 does not have a main spar!

well apart from yourself, who obviously knows most things, not everyone knows the structure and composition of an c-130 wing!
so what then is the possible life extension solution to the c-130k going to be if it is not the afore-mentioned?
it was something which was mentioned to me, and i put it on here as a question.

so anybody else who may have some non-condescending information which may help me, would be greatly appreciated.

JimNich: thanks for the info.

cheers
minzastella:p

The Gorilla
3rd Jun 2003, 05:26
I was a C130 Flt Eng for my sins. I as understood it from my limited time on the fleet, they have already been re-winged/re-sparred whatever you want to call it. I can't get worked up over terminology.

I have heard the rumour that they may well be re-winged/re-sparred again. But that is all it is. Let us put it this way. With the A400M unlikely to enter service within the next 8 years, then if we want to keep 25 Hercs running we are going to have to spend some dosh.

Personally I would like to see more investment in the railways but that's just my view!!!!!!!!!! :p