PDA

View Full Version : Attack by mental passenger on CityJet flight

mrbungle
31st May 2003, 04:23
Dunno if anyone heard about a cityjet flight yesterday that had an in-flight incident with a mentally disturbed pax.

The guy went into the toilet and removed a flurescent light tube from the side wall, then broke it in half and made his way through the cabin and went for someone. It took 6 guys to supress him.:ouch:

You just down know who your sitting beside !!

o-o

Tinstaafl
31st May 2003, 06:45
Hence my derision at 'security' procedures that remove tweezers & nailclippers.... :rolleyes:

Bloody bureacratic idiots. :mad:

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
31st May 2003, 13:05
Tinny, maybe you should stop running through the terminal screaming "HALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALA"!!!!!

PS Edited for to ensure correct length of HALALALALA....

Sagittarius Rising
1st Jun 2003, 04:55
Sounds like Jack K found out that the F/O's Cat11 ticket had expired.Keep up those anger classes mate.

WideBodiedEng
1st Jun 2003, 04:57
Maybe we should remove all these potentially lethal fluorescent tubes and replace them with candles?
Oh, silly me, I forgot they Burn!
Still I wouldn't put anything beyond another knee-jerk reaction.
Perhaps we'll have loos with half doors so the CC can see if there is anything happening?

PENNINE BOY
2nd Jun 2003, 00:22
Ha Ha,

Are you sure it wasnt the head of Human Remains ! ! ! !

porksword
4th Jun 2003, 14:32
MAYBE IT WAS J LYNCH AND T REGAN ON ANOTHER SURVIVAL COURSE!!!!

Dirty Mach
4th Jun 2003, 17:38
Widebod said
"Maybe we should remove all these potentially lethal fluorescent tubes and replace them with candles?"

well, what about LEDs. modern white LEDs work very well when used in clusters. you can't break them and use them as a weapon, and probably use a bit less electricity. Light the whole cabin with them and you might end up with a lot lower demand on the dc generators, which means more power available to go faster!!!!!!!!:p

carlos vandango
4th Jun 2003, 20:34
perhaps the guy's attempt to fill in the online application form put him over the edge. Better still perhaps it was the reponse he got from the HR department! :\

MarkD
4th Jun 2003, 22:31
http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=985662&issue_id=9285

A MAN went berserk and smashed up the toilet of a plane flying into Dublin.

Gardai were alerted by a Cityjet pilot after cabin crew and passengers had to restrain the passenger.

A 35-year-old man, who was travelling with his father, went into the toilet and removed a fluorescent light tube from the wall, breaking it in half. He then made his way into the cabin but was tackled by two members of the crew.

Two male passengers went to their aid and managed to restrain the man until the Cityjet BAe-146 from Paris landed.

Gardai boarded the plane, which had 82 passengers plus crew on board, and arrested the man, who has a history of mental illness.

He was then taken into custody and a doctor called. The man was committed to St Brendan's Psychiatric Hospital.

No charges have been brought following the incident, which took place last Thursday around 11am.

A Cityjet spokesman said: "There was a man who had to be restrained in order for the plane to land."

Cityjet hoped the man had received proper treatment and was well again, the spokesman added.

alterego
4th Jun 2003, 23:21
As ex Cityjet i'm glad the A/c got on the deck safely.

I hope the man is treated for his illness.

What next for security-no light bulbs on A/c?