PDA

View Full Version : Zambian Airlines

Sabastienl
31st May 2003, 02:28
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anybody out there has any info. on Zambian Airlines? and if they are going to increase their 1900D fleet?

!.Work conditions?

2.Pay?

3.Upgrades to PIC?

4.If you are provided with
accomadations?

5.Hours/month

any responce is well appreciated .....

:ok: :O :O

Flying Bean
1st Jun 2003, 23:12
I waited a while to see if any one else had info, but apparently not.

My info is not first hand and we are their main competitor in Zambia. But what I give you is what I honestly believe MAY be the situation.
1. Zambian Work Permits are now very tough. I would think they would struggle to get an imported pilot.(We certainly are)
2.I heard that Co-P's get about $500 - $700 per month and not much else in the way of allowances.
3. I would doubt they are expanding their fleet. Every month we hear a rumour they are about to fold, but that is a rumour and the Zambian Air Industry is notorious for those sort of rumours. I would tend to disregard. However at the recent Indaba Trade Show it is a fact that Deloittes, who have been brought in to 'manage' the finances, tried to save some money by cutting ticket commissions. After a rather negative response from the Trade, this was hastily reversed.

Give it a crack and send a CV, but don't spend any of your money!!

BAKELA
4th Jun 2003, 16:56
Flying Bean,

Paragraph 1 of your post is spot on. Work permits in Zam is going to be hell to come by as they have clamped down after the Ministry of Transport decided that Zambian aviation should re-build itself and a good place to start would be to disallow utilisation of foreign pilots. It's going to be un uphill battle as I know of an airline that tried to employ Zambian pilots recently - they advertised, arranged for interviews, BUT, after the initial interviews there were none left!:ooh: