PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Aviation?

wandrinabout
30th May 2003, 21:16
Considering a position with Hawaii Aviation for one of their contracts in Japan.

Just curious if anybody here has had any dealings with them or has any useful information. Nothing sinister intended, just want to get an idea of how things are b4 going further.

cheers

alexb757
3rd Jun 2003, 03:39
I interviewed with them some 6 years ago in HNL & found them fine.
What you want to REALLY know is what the conditions/pay/time off etc once you start working for one of their clients. The money sounded OK for what it was. However, if you have family or want to be home often, then perhaps you should re-consider. Keep in mind also that if you intend to work for a Japanese carrier, you will need to take a Japanese ATP(L) which can take up to 8 months or more to do. Do your research/homework thoroughly. Then again, in this current environment, it sure beats unemployment!!!
I was accepted (to continue in the paperwork shuffle) then but got another job. Then for a year they kept calling asking if I was interested in this or that, but I was not. Now that I'm on permanent furlough with time & type ratings on three Boeings, they do not want to know! Oh well, they say it's a great life, aviation.
Good luck to you,

757 driver

wandrinabout
3rd Jun 2003, 16:42
cheers alexb, appreciate that.

I have the contract details for their contract client, looks ok at face value, just wanted someones opinion on Hawaii Aviation itself, just to be sure they are not some shady fly by night outfit. Sounds like your experience with them was ok.

Good luck with the job search. Have you tried the Middle East, EK is in constant expansion/hiring with another large order to be announced at Paris. Likewise QR, to a slightly lesser scale, also about to announce orders at Paris.

All the best.

fesmokie
6th Jun 2003, 07:39
Are you talking about Hawaiin Airlines or HACS. A big difference. If its HACS I interveiwed with them a few years ago and was accepted into the next round except I declined for a few reasons. If this is HACS, be prepaired to spend up to eight months training in Japan. They have also lowered the salary somewhat from five years ago. Good Luck!

B767300ER
8th Jun 2003, 12:36
AlexB, did you get furloughed from National? Ran into a bunch of your former colleagues recently.