PDA

View Full Version : Something stolen from my crewbag!

baboy
30th May 2003, 11:00
Have just got in from a long LGW ACE LGW which landed at the awful hour of 2 AM !!!
Anyway during the outbound flight , i got a camera out of my bag and took some pictures of my fellow crew. I then put the camera back in my bag and carried on with the flight. After arriving back at my crew centre i realised my camera was missing. I went to crew control who telephoned the engineer who we had left on the aircraft. He searched around where I was sitting and in the hatracks were my belongings had been and unfortunatley found nothing. I can only think that it has been taken from my bag during the flight out or back. I am very angry as I had pictures of my recent holiday in America in the camera and the fact it was given to me by my other half as a present.
I am amazed that my things are not safe at my work place, and totally dumbstruck as to why someone would do this to me.
I was wondering if this sort of thing has happened to anyone else out there ?

Chiriqui
30th May 2003, 11:58
Yep. Same thing happened to me, about 2 years ago, MIA - MAD. Fabulous new camera and Gucci sunglasses vanished.

V. Annoying. :mad:

flyblue
30th May 2003, 16:17
Not to me personally, but since I hear about things like this happening all the time, my crew bag has a big padlock, and I don't leave anything valuable in my handbag during the flight (money, cell phone etc).
Sorry for your camera :(

aeroflirt
30th May 2003, 19:22
I've had a credit card taken from my purse which was in a stowage at the rear of the galley. Also had Revo shades stolen from handbag. It's a nasty old world out there I'm afraid.

gashbag
31st May 2003, 03:44
Hi all!
I was once working at the rear of the 767 with my crew bag in the hatrack...anyway comes to the end of the flight and i go to change into my outdoor shoes and put pinny etc away when i discover that some tramp of a passenger had nicked the whole crew trolley! i mean all they would find in there is some stinkin shoes,crew manuals and spare shirt and tights! what a great find they had...just cannot believe the nerve of some pax..unbelievable:mad: what more can u expect though from a night gerona!

carrioke
31st May 2003, 07:37
Yeah, Just had my mobile taken out of my crew bag, while I was taking the flight deck, the computer. Left my bag on 1A for about 2 mins unattended with just crew and cleaners on board in JNB. Then stowed my bag away and didn't realise it was missing until I landed into Dubai. Cancelled the phone but was worried as the thief had had my phone for 7 and half hours in JNB before I realised and I had roaming!! So was prepared for an enormous bill. Luckily it was only 20 dhs, the b******* had luckily thrown away my chip. But that was the pre boarding, with no pax on board, so I guess I thought I was safe. A bit naive I know , ahh the benefit of hindsight! But what Is more worrying, is if someone took something out, then they can aslso plant something too!!! We need lockable stowages for all crew bags! Not just the odd one or 2 which won't fit a crew of 17 + bags in!!!!

baboy
31st May 2003, 08:33
It is very sad to hear it has happened to so many of us.
It just shows what kind of people we carry on our flights today.
I have been lucky with my camera that was taken. My airline have said they will give me the money it cost as long as I have the original receipt ( thankfully I have it ). It wont get me my pictures of my holiday back, but can always go back there on my concessions.
Have just got in from another awful flight to find my friend very upset in our crew room. Her purse was taken from her bagduring her flight to FNC today. So I am off to the D.I.Y store tommorow to get me some big padlocks for my bag. Hopefully they will stop anyone else from helping themself to my belongings.
Lockable crew bag stowage would be brilliant, lets keep our fingers crossed for that .

sweety
31st May 2003, 18:15
You really have to look after your belongings! I left my handbag on the rear seat when back in base (LGW) after the flight and went to the front for a few minutes. When came back my bag wasn't there. Eventually I found it in the toilet, luckily that cleaner (know that for sure) wasn't interested in anything but cash (I know it is still upsetting, but not as much as when someone steals something dear to your heart).

You would've thought that they would only hire honest and realiable people who get the access to the AC - how about security?

Scary...

Just look after your belongings , that's what I say!

Cliff
31st May 2003, 21:39
Baboy, I am sorry your camera got stolen. A few years ago my uniform bag vanished when I was working at the airport, since then I carry my money and creditcard on my body.

Xenia
1st Jun 2003, 17:27
Very sad indeed!
:yuk:
Agree with keeping everything locked and out of the way ...
Sorry for your camera, and for the pics ... valuable memories of a wonderful time.