PDA

View Full Version : End of the road

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Apr 2001, 21:06
Well.

There it is then.

As of tomorrow morning - CAA Flight Crew Licensing willing - I will no longer be an airline pilot Wannabe.

Firstly and most importantly I must thank all the PPRuNe'rs who have helped, advised and encouraged me over the years. The list of names easily runs to hundreds.

Thank you.

To all those that are following some way in my footsteps - good luck. This medium is too limiting for me to properly express the sheer pleasure I experienced yesterday as I tooled around the sky for the first time in an airliner. Keep working. Keep smiling. Keep dreaming. IT IS WORTH IT.

It will take a few more months for my life to settle down allowing me to return here in full force. I shall write up my 4 year path to the right hand seat into a decent sized posting which I hope will help inspire the resolve of Wannabes everywhere.

Cheers,

ps if you happen to be on the FRIDAY THE 13TH 07:45 GO633 Stansted to Lyon flight this week - Yes, we were shot down ;)

Snigs
8th Apr 2001, 22:02
WWW,

Hearty congrats from me, having watched your development and just missed a cup of coffee at your home field (a long time ago) I am really pleased for you. Mind you, a guy who buys beers like you do is always going to go down well with the CP's

You deserve it mate.

BTW, if you got my email, the offer still stands!

Cheers and well done, I hope to follow in your footsteps in the not too distant future. :)

Snigs

wysiwyg
8th Apr 2001, 22:26
Well done matey. Time to update that profile fully now!

regards
wizzy

JT8
8th Apr 2001, 22:46
Nice one mate. Happy flying

JT8 :)

InTheAir
8th Apr 2001, 23:19
I'll be listening out for you on my scanner :)

pjdj777
8th Apr 2001, 23:54
Well done WWW, proud of you butt!!!

Friday 13th?? Be afraid, be very very afraid ;)

Mooney
8th Apr 2001, 23:54
WWW!

Nice one! Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you got your money's worth from the CAA Canteen as well...

I had the pleasure (!) of flying Oscar Alpha after your base training flight and ewwwwwww the smell of sweat! Needed a towel to sit on the seat!!

See you around!

Mooney :)

HomerSimpson
9th Apr 2001, 00:27
Congratulations on your hard earned sucess. I'll be looking forward to your 4 year career path when it arrives. I guess it will be an interesting read. Not long for me now either. I'll be job hunting very soon.

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Autofly
9th Apr 2001, 02:14
Congrats WWW. You have certainly inspired me even more. Hopefully we can all follow in your footsteps.

Good luck

AF

rock_the_tower
9th Apr 2001, 14:09
Well done WWW !

Wish you all the best and many happy landings !

rtt

GJB
9th Apr 2001, 17:18
Nice one and good luck WWW. It's onwards and upwards for you now.

Don't forget about us now you are an ex-wannabee ;)

Tristar Freak
9th Apr 2001, 17:32
Bet you will be doing cartwheels of joy now. ;)

Have fun.

9th Apr 2001, 19:35
my second only thread..an inspirational result of progress - best of luck

redsnail
9th Apr 2001, 22:35
Onya WWW :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

Loony_Pilot
9th Apr 2001, 22:48
Congratulations WWW!,

Have a long and succesful career at GO, hope to get my first job soon.. so maybe hear you on the airways sometime soon

LP

Wee Weasley Welshman
9th Apr 2001, 22:53
Why thank you one and all.

Don't worry, I won't abandon Wannabeism. In fact I am looking forward to having a better opportunity in the coming years to enhance this forum and PPRuNe Wannabe actitivty generally.

And of course there is the book I am writing on the subject.

Cheers,

Delta Wun-Wun
10th Apr 2001, 01:08
WWW,Are you going to be at the wannabes seminar?

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

The Greener Grass
10th Apr 2001, 02:33
WWW - Congrats - you are the inspiration to all of us.

Best of luck in your career, and don't forget to keep in touch!

F3
10th Apr 2001, 02:43
Superb news. Well done! Well deserved.

kopbhoy2
10th Apr 2001, 12:27
Congratulations - well deserved, enjoy it!! :)

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Apr 2001, 18:38
I *may* be able to make the Wannabe seminar. Standby.

Teroc
11th Apr 2001, 11:41
Yeah well done WWW.
Have a great time. See you up there some day....soon I hope.
Teroc

p.s. So long and thanks for all the Fish :)

Flytaff
11th Apr 2001, 23:39
Well done Boyo,
have a few SA's for me,

FLYTAFF

scroggs
12th Apr 2001, 00:41
WWW,
excellent news, you should be very proud of yourself. Your example to the hoardes of other Wannabes is a true inspiration and your immensely valuable stewardship of this forum has just gained another 10 notches of credibility!
Here's to you, from an amateur Moderator who still feels as enthusiastic about flying after 25 years as you do at the start of your career.
Well Done!!

scroggs

BJF
12th Apr 2001, 12:42

Having read your various posts over time I am delighted that you have succeded and wish you all the best for the future. All you other wannabes out there take heed, it can be done so don't give up.

BJF

Harves
13th Apr 2001, 00:25
Its all been said, but I agree with it all, so good luck and ENJOY!!!!

Bovey
13th Apr 2001, 03:46
WWW,

Many congratulations, a thoroughly deserved achievement, 4 years is a long time. I read your 'story' on How do I get a CPL/IR for 20K? by Pilot Pete and you must be grinning like a cheshire cat.

Enjoy

Bovey
Pilot Pete's wife

Borg32
13th Apr 2001, 18:49
WWW... (http://WWW...)

Congratulations, 4years must have seemed like a lifetime...how many times did you consider giving up? How much support did you get from your wife/girlfriend?

A probing question -
1. how old are you?
2. what did you before you became a pilot?
3. how much did it all cost

I hope these Q's are not too personal

Best wishes Captain WWW (oooh that sounds nice)

CrashDive
13th Apr 2001, 23:21
.......... now a bit like ships in the night I met WWW very early this morning at Go HQ - he was off to do his very first 'line flight', i.e. one with real living and breathing - well, they were do so, when the boarded his aeronautical chariot - and fare paying pax sitting behind him !....... and jeez, I mean, you gotta feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting schmucks ...... ;)

So WWW how'd it Go, e.g. did they have to re-surface the LYS runway ? will DavidT ever get over it ?! and are you still wearing the stupid grin ?!

Enjoy it mate !!!!

climbs like a dog
14th Apr 2001, 03:44
Well done WWW. Got a bit lucky myself late last year and landed a job on a largeish turboprop, not shiny 737's unfortunately but it's still better than sex....nearly ;) ;) ;)

------------------
0 to 2000ft in 10 minutes