PDA

View Full Version : Oouuucchhhhhh !!!!!! This is NOT Good

Trolley_9
29th May 2003, 20:00
Nearly feel over when i heard this. Didn't believe it until someone showed me.
This is what a member of higher management at an Airline based at LHR handed out to the Ops staff.........

1. Do you think it is better to be employed than unemployed?

2. Do you think, based on your own experience and your knowledge of the industry, it is easy to obtain a post in operations elsewhere?

3. Do you feel that your managers trust you to do a good job?

4. Does a good job mean working only when your manager is watching?

5. A good day to take time off is:
a)A day when both my managers are available to cover for me.
b)A day when one of my managers is available to cover for me.
c)A day when neither of them are around so hopefully they don't know that i have taken time off.

6.A quite day in the office when my managers are out is a good opportunity to:
a)educate myself and learn some of the things i don't know about
b)tidy the place up a little and clear the rubbish like my manager did recently
c)take the p**s and disappear for hours

7.In future i intend to:
a)act in an adult and and sensible manner
b)accept my wages at the end of the month or a little later if they are delayed
c)Continue to act like a schoolchild

Kind of makes me glad I deal with passengers if that is what any management thinks of the ground staff.:\ :\ :\

Keep smiling.
KD

boredcounter
30th May 2003, 06:14
Name and shame please

Thanks for posting it.

Bored

surely not
31st May 2003, 17:59
To my mind for a management to produce something like this reflects their utter frustration with the staff who work for them and their attitude.

I do not know which airline it is, nor do I totally agree with the letter as a way of solving the problem, but I do think management have an absolute right to bring to the attention of their staff that their attitude needs to improve.

boredcounter
2nd Jun 2003, 04:38
'To my mind for a management to produce something like this reflects their utter frustration with the staff who work for them and their attitude.

I do not know which airline it is, nor do I totally agree with the letter as a way of solving the problem, but I do think management have an absolute right to bring to the attention of their staff that their attitude needs to improve.'

To issue the above memo/letter to staff smacks of one thing. No management by the managers. If things have got so bad, the above needed to be issued, the style of management needs a close look at, and soon.

Without knowing the Airline in question, perhaps it is not my place to comment, yet as an Ops pro, as many of us concider ourselves, there is more to this than meets the eye.

If said post is legit, more fool the boys and girls for the rebellion, more fool the management for allowing the situation to get so bad. The cause must be very deep rooted!

'3. Do you feel that your managers trust you to do a good job?'
Sometimes, getting payed at the end of the day is the only way we know.

Good luck to all involved, get this resolved, quickly, before it is all too late, for troops, managers and the detriment of the Airline.

Bored

Opsisgr8t
7th Jun 2003, 20:41
I know the company concerned with this, and to be honest, if you knew the background to this, you would agree that there is no "rebellion" among the staff etc - in fact, the staff have done much, much more than would normally be required in any equivalent job, including putting reputations on the line... unfortunately, this is simply poor management and lack of understanding - something which will have to change, or the airline in question just aint gonna succeed, simple as that.

Shame really, 'cos if they got their act together, they'd have a great outfit!

:confused:

VIKING9
9th Jun 2003, 17:40
Not Ryanair at STN is it ? :confused:

justforfun
13th Jun 2003, 03:00
I know RYR have a poor reputation with some, but they're not that bad!... Oh, it aint them by the way! :rolleyes:

JFF

planner
14th Jun 2003, 23:53
The chap concerned is one of our former ops officers down here at BQH who I had total respect for unfortunately he left to work for Air Freight Express at LHR. Shame he was one of the good guys who would go the extra mile for anybody and I believe did when he was offered a job at Britannia ops then turned it down to assist AFX getting their AOC back...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

walla
15th Jun 2003, 03:28
:rolleyes:
Planner, i agree with you the person concerned always went that extra mile to help out his company..
As a good friend of his i was reallly pissed off with him for turning down brittania, but that is his loyalty to the company he works for whoever they are at the time.
:*
From what i hear the person that wrote the letter is a complete no hoper and needs a good kick up the arse.

Anyone thinking of joining afx STAYAWAY, they dont pay you on time and you would be lucky if you get paid at all.