PDA

View Full Version : Any News Re Air Afrique A300-600 Accident/Incident?

lame
1st Jun 2001, 13:18
Just heard a rumour that an Air Afrique A300-600 has been badly damaged in an accident/incident? Anyone have any news?

------------------
"I USED to be a PPRuNaholic, but now I'm CURED"

Stratocaster
1st Jun 2001, 18:08
Another A300 incident/accident ?????

The only RK A300 accident I know happened in DKR more than a year ago (LH main gear collapsed after landing). But that was an A300-B4.

lame
2nd Jun 2001, 00:42
Stratocaster,

Thank you. However IF this happened at all? it was very recently and an A300-600.

Definitely NOT any criticism of the Airline, just that someone told me one had been badly damaged to the extent it would be U/S for months, IF nobody on PPRuNe has heard of it then it is probably not true??

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------

Antman
4th Jun 2001, 10:41
It's parked at JNB in the SAA techbical area. Apparently, story from ground engineer, they did a tailplane-maingear-nosegear touchdown and banged up the tail underside and rear pressure bulkhead pretty badly.No-one hurt.

lame
4th Jun 2001, 11:18
Antman,

Thank you, the rumour WAS true then......

Glad nobody was hurt, sounds like, as I heard, will be grounded for some time?

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------

DONT THINK
4th Jun 2001, 20:31
Not much of the skid plate left, also about 1 1/2 meters in front of it also scraped . The remaining portion of the skidplate is pressed in , looks sheared at the spar , with various surface rivets popped and bit of buckled skin around it indicating something more serious .

JJflyer
4th Jun 2001, 22:06
Was this one of the St.Nazaire Eagles or a genuine Air Afrique bird ?

JJ

lame
5th Jun 2001, 00:29
DONT THINK,

Any chance you could post an image of the damage?

When I first heard of it they were saying up to 6 months to repair, thought it must be bad. Of course depends if the repair is to be done locally or a team from Airbus?

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------