PDA

View Full Version : Wessex hoist

Huron Topp
29th May 2003, 03:14
Any of you old Walter boys know what type of hoist was used? make/model?

John Eacott
30th May 2003, 11:12
My course notes give everything but the manufacturer's name! 600lb max weight on 100ft of 30 cwt Kalindo cable,and the hydraulic motor was/is a Sperry MG 36-3909-30Z.2 ;) , it also has a Sperry PF 36-3909-ZE/2 hydraulic pump.

I'd guess that it may have been made by Sperry :)

Got some good stuff on flag tracking as well. Those were the days :rolleyes:

teeteringhead
30th May 2003, 20:42
HT

I believe the winch to which JE refers was that fitted to to the REAL (ie SH [stands back, awaiting flak]) Walters. The yellow (SAR) varieties 22/84/202 Sqns I seem to recall had longer/stronger winches.

Any SAR bo(u)ys care to comment....

And come on HT whaddayawannaknowfor??? :confused: :confused:

Huron Topp
30th May 2003, 21:01
Well Teetering, I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to...aw, thats a crock!:}

Actually, it looks like the guys I work with are about to start operating good 'ole Walter in the Land of Oz. We're currently looking at several in the UK, including the last 4 operational from 84 squadron. Found out the manufacturer anyway, turns out they were made by Dowty/Dunlop and are still used on some Lynx.

Hey, if any of you boys happen to have been bored at some point, and actually scanned in all of your Walter gen(aoi's, checks etc), send 'em my way.:ok:

Gen. Bombdabastards
31st May 2003, 02:50
I've Probably got a wessex crewmans handbook lurking around somwhere.

With regard to hoists, the SH cabs had the same hoist as the SARBouy cabs for at least the last 8 years, it became more economical to have the same ones rather than different spec.

M134
31st May 2003, 04:31
Huron Topp

You need to talk to http://www.breeze-eastern.com/

fobotcso
31st May 2003, 06:03
HT, gizzajob? Very happy memories being stirred up here.

John Eacott
31st May 2003, 11:10
HT,

Airframe, engine and system course notes, plus check lists, sitting in my bookshelf.

It'll cost you.......................;)

Bearintheair
2nd Jun 2003, 16:47
Our RN SAR cabs had 300 ft of cable

Huron Topp
2nd Jun 2003, 20:35
General: would it be possible to scan it in?

M134: defintaely not a BE. As mentioned Dowty/Dunlop.

Fobatsco: who knows. Assuming all goes as planned(or something to close to it) we may end up with 4 this time next year.

John: OK, whats it gonna cost me? And you can't have my first born, 'cause the bank already owns her along with my second.:p

Huron Topp
4th Jun 2003, 20:36
Hey, if any of you boys happen to have been bored at some point, and actually scanned in all of your Walter gen(aoi's, checks etc), send 'em my way.

Hmmm...no takers, eh?:{ Allright then lads, I will throw in my first-born daughter. I'm sure somebody wants a 14 year old with the foulest mouth imaginable, only minor run-ins with the law and a rather mean right hook(just ask her mom:ouch: )