PDA

View Full Version : UK Airline Conditions

Mr Seatback 2
28th May 2003, 22:53
Dear All

I'm conducting private research project on the working conditions and pay for as many UK based airlines as possible. Specifically, I would like to know the following details where possible:

* Pay scales, including scales received for different ranks (eg. PSR, FA, etc)
* Monthly maximum of hours crew may work (or for any other period)
* Incentive pay schemes rewarding crew for picking up extra duties
* Overnight allowances
* Minimum rest periods after overnights, rest periods at home base, etc.
* Roster systems used, including the usage of bidding systems (where they exist)
* Unusual allowances, or allowances offered by airlines on an individual versus an industry basis
* Types of Agreements used by each airline (eg. Industrial Agreement vs individual contracts that vary from FA to FA)
* General working conditions, including pros and cons of working for Airline X vs Airline Y

I'm after information on all airlines, from the budget carriers of Easyjet, bmibaby and Ryanair to BA, KLM uk, etc. Low cost thru to contract and to full service - I would like to receive information that allows me to gauge the differences between as many carriers as possible.

This is research is purely for the purposes of measuring up conditions of all carriers (again, your participation is most appreciated) against those conditions and practices used in Australia where I'm employed.

If you would prefer not to publish this information publicly, please send me a Private Message. Where you specifically stipulate it, I shall not re-publish any information received via PM on this site.

All assistance greatly appreciated.