PDA

View Full Version : What's Up Virgin?

homesick rae
28th May 2003, 20:37
Just been on a transatlantic flight with VS and wonder what has happened to the once happy cabin that I used to witness on every flight?

Ok, one was a night flight but please come back the VS of old!

All the wires were out on my remote and i was promised a personal DVD which came an hour later, although the IFS wasn't aware of the problem until I stopped him in his tracks!

Call bells going off in abundance and the crew ignored most of them!

Drinks thrown out as were the meals!

The return was better thanks to the A340-600...but the service again was way below the usual VS standards!!

To be honest I avoid that other airline as much as possible and swear by VS...but...

but what's up VS? coming to work a problem? then report sick and stay at home!

...apart from the IFS on the out bound and 2 new crew and one purser on the rtn...that's exactly what they should have done!!

So thanks to D( IFS ) and Si ( PSR ) who at least had a sense of humour and a smile whatever the problem!

kenoco
28th May 2003, 21:23
I think it might be to do with being payed peanuts,even down here its well nown that Virgin don't pay very well..xxM.

homesick rae
28th May 2003, 21:54
I know there was talk of a payrise. Don't know if it ever came off?
Good enough reason though...

aeroflirt
31st May 2003, 00:33
Whenever a company gets big , the quality of staff always suffers. It's harder to motivate , value and develop a large workforce which creates numbers not people. For every rotten apple I'm quite sure that there are plenty out there giving it their all. And they are still far too good looking !
PS No I don't work for Virgin , I work for one of their rivals.

homesick rae
31st May 2003, 01:06
aeroflirt...fair comments...

maybe i have just been lucky to have so many good flights with them!

but hey, i do the same job and i have always been thrilled to see the atmosphere onboard...reminded me of the B Cal days and even BA years ago...but that spark seems to have gone!

come on richard...give them a payrise!

btw: my flights with VS were all full fare...:bored:

Cabin Pressure89
4th Jun 2003, 05:47
:{ Sorry to hear you had a poo time on your recent VS flight!!

I do work for Virgin and I like to think I am a good apple!!! hee!!!

I am not sticking up for the crew on your flight!! But we have had a pay rise and things are getting better!!!

Just at the moment we are all working hard 5 - 6 long haul trips per month! But we should not bring this to work with us!!!

I promise when you fly with us again you will see a change!!!

We are only human!!! But I agree if people are going to be like that they should stay at home!!

We need everybody smiling even at a time like this when the aviation industry is at its low point!!

Did you like the new A340-600?!?! I think its great!!!

Happy landings, take care!!!!!
x

homesick rae
4th Jun 2003, 08:07
cabin pressure:

A340-600 is superb...

your comments are fair and i won't stop me flying VS as opposed to BA, but it seemed to be (like BA) service done, close the curtains and ignore the pax!

well, hopefully you'll be on the next one;)