PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Nothing has changed. Part 2

ccy sam
28th May 2003, 11:09
More crew and ground staff laid off in the last few weeks. Only one F100 flying. Is there any hope for all those loyal staff who are still under threat of the sack 18 months on?

SixStarAnsett
28th May 2003, 12:07
I don't think that the 'firers' who sack employees take perverse pleasure in it though.

SSA

ccy sam
29th May 2003, 11:41
Agreed SSA, but one wonders if old Flight West would have faired far better if a higher bid for it by an airline from our near north had been accepted. Being the seller and the buyer gives an unbeatable edge.

Major Minor
30th May 2003, 18:52
CCY Sam I've heard that a number of casual staff at Alliance have been made permanent in recent times.

Also can you provide a few more details on the "airline from our near north" who you claim made a higher bid for Flight West.

sandpit
31st May 2003, 14:46
On a different subject, is it true that Alliance have bought or optioned an F100 sim?

If so, when or where is planned on being installed?

ccy sam
2nd Jun 2003, 10:24
I think the sim was canned when the F100s from American airlines deal fell through.
A real way out rumour is that Alliance is interested in the Perth-Christmas island contract using an A 320.

apacau
4th Jun 2003, 07:57
They haven't got their new F100s yet. They have cut routes. So I think the idea of them having an A320 and using it on X-Mass island where I believe the 146/RJ70 is already loss-making seems a little ridiculous. That and the fact its the other side of the country.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

And where's this knight in shining armour (the blue and gold knight I presume)?

Tail_Wheel
4th Jun 2003, 08:22
Major Minor. There may have been a few potential buyers for the Flight West AOC and assets, who were "deterred or discouraged" by the then Liquidator's "sales representatives"? :mad:

ccy sam
4th Jun 2003, 09:27
Tail Wheel, heard the same thing re other bidders being thwarted in the bidding for FW. I hear there may be legal action, though I would not bet on any satisfaction. Companies being run in administration are open to legal highway robbery. I'm still owed thousands along with other former employees that may have been paid if other seemingly higher bidders had been given a look in.

Tail_Wheel
4th Jun 2003, 12:41
It's interesting to note that (from memory) the Directors indicated a six million dollars surplus of assets at the time the company was placed in Voluntary Liquidation, and assured all staff and creditors they would receive full satisfaction for their debt.

I heard there were other parties interested in acquiring the assets and/or operation. Some of those expressed the opinion they were not being "encouraged" to make an offer.

The assets ultimately realised very significantly less when acquired by interests connected with the Liquidator's selling agents.

The staff did not deserve to get burnt. :mad:

Major Minor
6th Jun 2003, 20:00
Taill_Wheel, I agree Flight West's staff did not deserve to get burnt.

However as I recall Flight West went into liquidation in June 2001. I'd be interested to know your view on the impact of September 11 on the value of regional aircraft assets.

Also I suspect that the value of such assets situated in Australia was not helped when Ansett fell over two days later.

Also both yourself and CCY Sam have mentioned "other interested parties". Who were they?

ccy sam
8th Jun 2003, 13:15
Major Minor, I'd love to tell all but I fear pprune would be sued. Tail wheel may be braver than I.

TIMMEEEE
9th Jun 2003, 13:33
I remember about a year ago or so there was a thread questioning the possibility of a new third airline.
The questions were posed about the setting up of such an airline and the likes of Qduck were very quick to tout the virtues of Alliance Airlines and how they had satisfied the criteria I enquired of as well as a very bright future.

Now some 12 months later we have seen a completely different story with the airlines operations in severe doubt and some possibly damaging tales being told by many an ex and current employee.
Looks like all that glittered was not gold.

Kwaj mate
9th Jun 2003, 20:54
MM - re the offers for Alliance.
Others may not be in a position to comment on the offers, but I don't mind.
One extremely well respected gentleman & his team were given the run-around for days.
He was part of the very original Compass MkI team.
The 'white knight' & his business partner sat in the WK's office with the door closed.
They refused to help the interested party at all;
the group could not do a basic company check & so had to walk.
The estimated company value was about 5 times the final sale price.
The rest is history.

Tail_Wheel
10th Jun 2003, 07:57
And that wasn't the only interested party to give up and walk away. Sad really. :yuk:

No worries mate
10th Jun 2003, 13:37
Alliance seems to be contracting in size while it's cousin Sunshine Express is expanding with new destinations and rumours of more to come along with new aircraft (E120's) on the way. Both airlines are owned by Aeromil, but one seems to be fitting in very well with Qantas while the other sits on the side line with links/ties with no one.

Kwaj mate
10th Jun 2003, 14:41
NWM - It appears that Sir Dennis wanted to leave the operation with just the EMB120's & Dash-8's.
Perhaps the son-in-law's J31's would be the ideal support aircraft.
With expansion over time this would have been a very efficient and profitable system as being proven at the moment.
Someone in the company thought that a fleet of F28's would make him an real airline executive.
What a disappointment. On both counts.
Now his business partner is making a lot of money & the real airline executive is nowhere to be seen nor heard.
The airline is shrinking to a shell of it's former glory.
Wonder what rabbits will have to be dragged out of the hat to keep them afloat.