PDA

View Full Version : French Whiskey

ibgutless
28th May 2003, 04:15
Pilots of the Fling Wing: Please, help me to understand. I fly very little any more; but at one time, I flew a great deal in the great northern state of Alaska and from time to time visited the great Northwest Territory of Canada. Now all of you know that it gets cold there and I must say it gets as cold as my distant relative Sam McGee said it did. The only way I made it through a winter there was with some Irish antifreeze “Bushmills” and, when the Priest was looking, “Jameson”. Now before anyone gets mad: my father, God bless him, was of English and Irish Protestant descent, me mother, may she rest peacefully, was Irish catholic. Therefore, I felt that I could drink either one. Until now.

I admit that I have not kept up with current events, but pray tell why has Ireland and Scotland (Glenlivet, when no Irish is to be had) sold their distillery to the frogs. No way can self-respecting Helicopter Pilots drink Frog/Irish Whiskey

That is as bad as selling Jack Daniels to the Southern Baptist.

Dave_Jackson
28th May 2003, 06:55
Maybe relative of SASless. They have the same last name. :O

ibgutless
28th May 2003, 08:31
You can bet money that I will not be drinking any or anymore frog whiskey. Maybe I can find some Tyrconnell or Connemara single malt.

B Sousa
28th May 2003, 10:54
Come to South Africa my friend..........Mampoer awaits your arrival.

GLSNightPilot
28th May 2003, 13:45
ib, Jack Daniel & his descendents have been selling to the Southern Baptists for over a hundred years. If they ever quit buying, the distillery might go out of business. They drink, just not in church or where other Baptists can see them.

rwm
30th May 2003, 00:32
Mampoer? I think I'd rather drink Lysol spray. Less harmful. Mampoer is evil, very evil. Can't remembery anything after a couple of good snorts of that stuff.
Cheers.

Winnie
30th May 2003, 18:50
Go to Norway and get yourself a bottle of Linie Akevitt, sure to may you tumble after a few snifters alright!!

cpt
31st May 2003, 21:40
As a frog, "Laphroeg" whisky sounds nice, but my favourite remains "Lagavulin" ... equivalent of a good old Armagnac ....I should admit.

even so if I'm a damned catholic froggy with this irritating smell of garlic breath :}

SASless
31st May 2003, 23:44
A relative of Sasless....Nay! I say! If he is gutless and I look like a cotton bale with the center tie busted....probably not even a family likeness really....except for an appreciation of fine Whiskeys.....however if now Frog owned....alas it is back to mere rot gut bourbon. Ah....uh....bourbon....sure hope that refers to New Orleans? Otherwise, it going to have to be something with worms in it! Now having just purchased an old farm that once had a still (actually twice...until visited by some rather strict living revenuers)....maybe I can reconstruct the device from the bombed out wreckage. From the looks of it....must have been about a 5 megaton charge the Sheriff and ABC officers used to remove the unit from operation. Just proves a bit of grease makes things run smoother from the sound of it!

Blue Rotor Ronin
1st Jun 2003, 07:08
Is nothing sacred!!!
Best stick to the single malts. Balvenie doublewood, 18 yrs is always a fave. Best 'o' luck te ye.:ok: