PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical

flashheart
27th May 2003, 17:39
Hi,

I am new to this board and am thinking about getting my PPL soon. There is one problem however which is that i am 'apparently' red green colour blind although if people ask me what colour something is i can get it right every time. I have taken the ishihara plate test a number of times and fail it. What are the requirements for the class 2 medical? Will i be able to pass? Also I have seen that there is a National PPL which only requires DVLA medical standard. What is all this about?

Ed

Blinkz
27th May 2003, 18:01
You can still get a PPL even if you are colourblind however you will be limited to day time flying in JAA airspace. To gain a class 1 (for commercial flying) or to have these restrictions removed from your class 2 you will need to go to gatwick and sit some special tests (usually whats called lantern tests, this is where you have to identify coloured lights. Its harder then it sounds if your colourblind :( )

I'm in the same situation although I want to become a commercial pilot. checkout previous posts with the search function as they go into much more detail.