PDA

View Full Version : Changing phone number & Tiscali

AerBabe
26th May 2003, 17:12
The Old Folk are packing up and disappearing Darn Sarf permanently in a few days, and are concerned about being able to get online once they're there. They're using Tiscali pay as you go, but from the Members' Area of the Tiscali site it looks like with this account type there's no need for them to change anything. Is this correct? Thanks in advance...

amanoffewwords
27th May 2003, 06:52
Definitely not a problem - with pay as you go packages Tiscali (and anyone else for that matter) don't care which number you call from except...

..that it may have to have CLI enabled (Caller Line Identification, I think) - i.e. the phone number needs to be transmitted to the ISP, or in other words not withheld - you can check that easily by phoning a mobile from the line in question and see if the number apears on the display. This is a requirement that BT Openworld have + others I have come across so I guess it's the same with Tiscali.

hth

Keygrip
27th May 2003, 07:20
AerBabe - I must have been in yankee land too long. (I do miss Carol Vorderman on telly [sigh])

Tiscali??

Is that one of those steam driven organs that you get at fair grounds??

You know, where the side opens up and lots of little brightly coloured wooden puppet like things dance about, whilst organ music and drum beats fill the air.

Or - thinking about it - is it one of those ice cream cones that you buy wrapped in cardboard and tear off to munch the frozen contents?

I--I

amanoffewwords
27th May 2003, 14:34
Who is Carol Vorderman?

Anyway, re the original question of this thread : had a quick look at Tiscali's website - it looks like they get you to use 1470,08456614681 as a dial up number - the 1470 is the bit that sends the CLI I was talking about earlier.

So the short answer is that there are no problems in relocating a PAYG account.

cheers.
amofw

AerBabe
27th May 2003, 21:31
Ok, thanks very much for your help, AMOFW. Dad got a peculiar response emailed back from the customer service people, which confused both of us. Hopefully your answer will put his mind at rest.

Keygrip... I think you're suffering from heatstroke. Get back in that pool! I-I

Lost_luggage34
28th May 2003, 01:42
Unless CLID is permanently disabled at the exchange - but you have to ask for that so unlikely to be the case.