PDA

View Full Version : Qantas to accelerate restructure

Wirraway
26th May 2003, 16:54
AAP

Qantas to accelerate restructure: report

Qantas Airways Ltd is to accelerate a massive restructuring program in response to the severe downturn in international travel and cutbacks by its international rivals, The Australian Financial Review reports.

The project, dubbed Sustainable Future, was to have generated $1 billion of cost savings over the next three years through a range of initiatives, including more productive work practices and a fleet overhaul, the newspaper said.

But after two profit downgrades in the past three months, airline officials are considering strategies to hasten the cost cuts, it said.

Industry sources said options included altering work hours to achieve pay cuts, further job reductions, asset sales and increased use of foreign-based staff.

İAAP 2003

SixStarAnsett
27th May 2003, 15:25
Will any other changes occur? Specifically I'm asking about changes to route networks which may prove more beneficial to load factors: eg BNE-CNS-SIN/BKK or MEL-SYD-NRT/KIX for instance...

I saw this because ir it seems a bit more logical to me to have 1 a/c service 1 flight routing than having 2 aircrafts serving 2 routes which may not be making as big a profit as it was 12 months ago.

But then again I'm not in the industry :}

SixStarAnsett:)