PDA

View Full Version : Airshows......when........

FlyFreeWbe
6th Apr 2001, 19:06
......& where? I happened to be out one day only to find myself surrounded by those wonderful things called airplanes, but they weren't modern. I saw spitfires, and biplanes and others that I can't name.
It was only recently that I was scared half to death by having a harrier jet fly past overhead at about 1-2000 ft (if not that)! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif
Anyway, I was wondering if you know why there's an increase in activity like that. Is it a war? or an airshow? I hope it's the latter.
If it does turn out to be neither, do any of you other pprune(rs) know when there will be any airshows?
fanx loads

------------------
FlyFreeWbe
~WYSITWIRL

Vmike
6th Apr 2001, 19:23
Biggin Hill, 2/3 June. Well worth it!

Hap
6th Apr 2001, 19:29
I don't think the Farnborough show is on until next summer.

I used to work near the airport - it got a bit noisy during the run up to the show. Most distracting! ;)

Eagle 1
6th Apr 2001, 19:31
I have also witnesed an increase in activity in the last week or two (Royal Marine SeaKings, Chinooks, various fast jets etc..) and i thought the RAF were limiting flying due to the foot & mouth. Any way, about the airshows, the international air tatoo is usualy a good show (some good static displays aswell)

:)Eagle 1 :)

rob_frost
6th Apr 2001, 22:48
Mildenhall Air Fete is on May 26/27 at RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk. Basically all military.

Royal International Air Tatoo is on July 21/22 at RAF Cottesmore, Rutland. Mainly military.

Hope this helps

Rob

rob_frost
6th Apr 2001, 22:53
Mildenhall Air Fete is on May 26/27 at RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk. Basically all military.

Royal International Air Tatoo is on July 21/22 at RAF Cottesmore, Rutland. Mainly military.

Hope this helps

Rob

DB6
6th Apr 2001, 23:46
Duxford is probably the best bet for classic aircraft. I think they have a website but I don't have the details to hand. Try a search for IWM and/or OFMC.
Cheers DB6

FlyFreeWbe
7th Apr 2001, 02:30
Thanx a lot for your replies peeps. Very much appreciated. I'll search out more info on them now I've got something to go on, and probably keep you guys up to date.
Anyone planning on going to one of these? (hope to see you there...if) :)

imho, you don't get much better than a good airshow.