PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite safe?

flapsforty
24th May 2003, 02:58
Offspring incessantly pestering me to allow them to download Kazaa Lite. Seeing how Morpheus and Kazaa were cruelly annihilated by their horrid mother. (moi http://digilander.libero.it/doniuccia/faccine/Felici/cutie.gif ) and life without music is NO LIFE!

Those 2 other progs caused me loads of grief; is this Lite prog safe or should I stand firm and keep all this stuff off our PC?
(and confirm my kids' worst suspicions about my cruelty?)

Thanking the esteemed members of this forum in advance for info.
f40 :)

OzPax1
24th May 2003, 03:23
Flaps, Yes Kazaa Lite is safe. It doesn't contain the spyware that the the full blown kazaa does. That said it is a 'downloading program' and does just that. So you could download something 'nasty' inadvertantly. But as long as your anivirus program is up to date with it's virus definitions, and you have a firewall in place you should be ok. I use Kazaa Lite all the time and haven't had any problems. :)

timmcat
24th May 2003, 05:52
Yep, flaps, no probs. My kids use 'Lite' for all the usual stuff, and no trouble at all. We've had it for a year or so.

Only catch, the search results are not filtered, so if any adults use it for their 'own use' some VERY undesirable results can appear.

Tim

BRL
24th May 2003, 05:56
I have been running Kazza lite for a while now without any problems until recently it started to download everything from whatever web-site I am looking at when using it. It means I have all kinds of things in the images folder from icons to banners and more. Don't what has happened, havn't tweaked anything at all its just started doing it. At the moment it have about 750 images all from other web-pages. :confused:

Binoculars
24th May 2003, 22:03
Flaps, I downloaded Kazaa Lite based on the results of a query in here, and it's been great. No spyware, no nasty surprises. It takes a bit of jiggling around to find a good download speed; if you're getting low speeds, cancel the download and try another one. But overall, I recommend it highly, and thanks to those who put me on to it.

flapsforty
24th May 2003, 22:59
Before I posted the question last night, I did the usual search, and from the diferent threads I read teh Lite version seemed the best. Put up this thread to hear if there were any negatives with it.
Your answers sound encouraging; thank you all for putting my mind (almost) at rest. :ok:

solotk
25th May 2003, 09:52
...and don't forget the perfect accompaniment "Speed up" which will errrr Brute force you up the ratings.

do a Google search for speedup

Kazaa works on a grading system, ie, the more you share, the more bandwidth you get allocated.

Sorry Nikki, I haven't got the patience for that :p

WhiteDevil
25th May 2003, 21:03
hiya,
kazaa lite is perfectly safe as others have said, its quick, and ya can get what you want..

make sure you have the www.k-lite.tk version not the www.kazaalite.com version, its better :ok:

good luck :p

Tinstaafl
26th May 2003, 13:43
WinMX is good too. No spyware that I'm aware of, supports multiple downloads, multiple connections for a particular download and can resume a partial download.

http://www.winmx.com