PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta job offer

747dream
23rd May 2003, 17:44
hi there everyone
I had a job offer in todays post with Air Atlanta on 747 LGW base I am in shock I had the interview start of April and hadn't heard anything.
could anyone give me information on the pay, work - i know its florida and europe.
Whats the medical like
Are the crews on small number of flights per month and get called out when Air Atlanta pick up extra contract work.
Who is the Florida flights for

I would like to know anything as i also had a job offer from Excel and deciding which to take, its like buses the all have arrived together which i cannot believe.
anyone trying for interviews keep trying if its your dream

EvilTwinRating
23rd May 2003, 23:05
Hi 747

I have recently started with Air Atlanta Icelandic based out of DUB on the 767 and 747 and would highly recommend them.

If you are based out of LGW then you are most likely being offered a job by Air Atlanta Europe, so there may be slight differences in the way things operate. In general I work about 6-8 sectors a week mainly over weekends then am on standby a couple of days per week in case any ad-hoc charters happen ( like the footy this week for example). In general we operate to all the major holiday spots like Lanzarote, Malaga, Ibiza etc.

We each have 1 longhaul trip a month which includes a 5 day stopover ( this may be exclusive to Dublin because we only operate 1 flight per week). Our medical was perfectly straightforward "touch your toes and read the chart" kind of affair.

The pay scale over here would be very different to the UK so can't help you there I m afraid.

Like I've said I really like the company, they have a very relaxed but professional approach to the job and there is a very real and honest emphasis on teamwork and getting the job done which I really enjoy

If I can help any further let me know

ETR

747dream
24th May 2003, 20:47
Thanks ETR

I had an idea from the interview it seemed that was probably a good place with them transfering a/c to uk.

At the interview they said trained for 747 a/c only thats why asking about stanby as i didn't think these would be on the usual charter run to the med?

EvilTwinRating
27th May 2003, 07:22
As far as I know Air Atlanta are operating the 747 to the Med and such whenever they have the bums on seats, like this week for example they were operating 74's from DUB to CDG for the rugby game. I would think that most of your flights would be to the US though.

Rgrds
ETR

nollocks
27th May 2003, 10:38
Hi Chaps,

Are they still looking for 767 Captains, if so, what is the pay etc? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Prehende uxorem meam, sis!

EvilTwinRating
28th May 2003, 02:07
I know a new batch of FO's were in the circuit at Manston a couple of weeks ago, and we do have 1 Skipper to be in training at the mo so I am not sure if they are still recruiting. However I will ask at the weekend and let you know.

Rgrds
ETR

gtaflyer
28th May 2003, 02:29
can you tell me what air atlanta requirements were:cool:

I P freely
28th May 2003, 02:32
Congratulations 747dream on the job , what kind of experience do you have and do you have to pay for the rating??

747dream
29th May 2003, 20:18
hi

I don't know about the flight deck situation as I will be Cabin Crew for Air Atlanta.
Go for it guys if you get an opportunity as they seem ok at least you'll stay current as you say and also see Florida for the summer.

cedarjet747
1st Jun 2003, 06:38
Surely it has to be Air Atlanta Icelandic, judging by your user name, working on the Queen Of The Skies is something you value. I haven't had anything to do with Atlanta personally but all the feedback I can bring to mind has been positive. I think they had some fairly serious punctuality problems in the early days but are a class operation. And like I said, when the eqp is 747 it's a no-brainer. Good luck.

Millno
5th Jun 2003, 09:12
Were Air Atlanta Icelandic grounded at LGW due to airworthiness of a/c a few years ago?

Also I think their ops out of LGW are adhoc, at least your guaranteed some flights with Excel rather than permenant stby.

Good luck with what ever you decide.