PDA

View Full Version : Hawks @ GLA/EGPF

eng1170
23rd May 2003, 08:52
Seems to be plenty activity here - 4 in at beginning of last month and spotted XX217 on 21st parked up by UAS. Routine trng or fam flights for UAS? If its the latter can I come for a shot as well as I totally 100% support the thought of my income tax barrlling down some valley at 300kts, 250ft?

Cheers - was always taught "if you don't ask you don't get"!!!!

bighedsmallface
3rd Jun 2003, 05:42
The hawks would be on routine land away training flights and because of this it's unlikely they would do any local sorties. Couple this to the required ejection seat briefs and pressurised flight training, along with a medical and flying kit fitting and and and and....... All this alone makes it difficult to fly passengers. The Hawk squadrons at Valley (the most likely source of the jets you've seen) are working at full stretch with every hour accounted for weeks in advance (I should be in PR!). Sorry to dash your hopes but if you get friendly with the UAS you might get a ride in a Tutor!

Best of luck

PS thats 420 kts, 250ft

eng1170
4th Jun 2003, 07:51
Hey I do cabin pressurisation checks and full power ground runs on 737's on a regular basis - surely I out-power that Adour if nothing else!!!!

But 420kts at 250ft wins every time :cool:

A ride in a Tutor - I can go faster than that on my mountain bike!!
But wouldn't say no
:O

Nice to see fast jets for a change though - send me more :ok:

EGPFlyer
5th Jun 2003, 18:02
They send their new recruits to civil fields so that they can get used to the different procedures that they might face. I reckon that they must get a choice of where to go because they overfly several busy airports to get up here (BTW, Edinburgh is the 1st choice but its GA ramp was closed).

It must be something to do with the cheap beer/loose women that we have up this way!!