PDA

View Full Version : Incident reporting...

High Altitude
22nd May 2003, 12:12
It seems that it is happening again.

Incident report subbmitted for landing 3 minutes after last light.

Now whilst this maybe legal persay, isn't it a weetad petty?

It happened in a spot where 2 companies operate as competition.

True the plane should have landed 10 minutes prior to last light so theortically it was 13 minutes behind schedule. However it would have been planned to be back 10 mins prior.

When one looks at the contributing factors then really isn't it crazy starting this again???

Aren't incident reports for incidents? or do we fill one out for everything?

Oh by the way here in the dry darkness is a good 30 mins after published last light (not that this legally has anything to do with it, more a point to safety).

Nobody delibrately goes out to shatter rules... (no not even me).

ITCZ
22nd May 2003, 14:05
Can't agree with you HA.

Don't get upset with someone who reports a breach of the regs. Especially a bread-and-butter rule like last light, no excuse really.

The real problem is that one of your lads (I assume) has played it too tight and by your admission lost the race against the sun.

Your lad/lass would not be getting 'harassed' or 'singled out' if they did not bust last light.

Shooting the messenger?

Kaptin M
22nd May 2003, 15:45
IMHO, HA, there are limits and limitations that pilots are REQUIRED to adhere to.
If you consider 3 minutes after Last Light petty, how about 5?....or 8?....or 10?

If an engine went only a "few degrees" over its limitation, but was not reported - using the same logic - would that also be acceptable.
I think you get my drift.

The limits and limitations are there to protect EVERYBODY who trusts his life with the pilot(s) whenever they fly, including people on the ground who may be affected by a pilot's non-responsible (as opposed to "irresponsible") behaviour.

Better flight planning would ensure that there isn't a recurrence.

Cheers.

prospector
22nd May 2003, 17:19
Kaptin M

Find it difficult to reconcile your response to this post with your bald statement as to who was at fault for the Erebus disaster as stated in a previous post.

Prospector