PDA

View Full Version : Failed Aviator (NASA)

Gentleman Aviator
22nd May 2003, 00:42
Some years ago I attended a Flight Safety course with the RAF.

One of the presentations was a video by a USAF Colonel (who I believe was wearing astronaut wings) entitled 'The Failed Aviator'

I have been trying to get hold of a decent copy of this video ever since, and wondered if any of you had any idea from whom I could source it.

Kind regards,

GA

Zlin526
23rd May 2003, 05:51
This film was recently shown at a CAA display pilots seminar..Maybe a call to the very nice Air Display chaps at the CAA will provide the whereabouts of a copy?

Tiger_mate
23rd May 2003, 11:01
My understanding is that the guy was a USAF ejectee, who having trashed his back in ejecting went back to his roots during a period on the ground. That being psycology (s?) that he had studied at uni, but with an aircrew slant on his studies.

As one who has seen the film several times, I think that he has the military aviation fraternity down to a "T". Not sure that it applies to all aviators though.

I am told that RAF Aircrew are not allowed to see it whilst in training, but that of course could well be me being fed on 5h1t.

T_M

T_M 2003 a la France next week :O :O :O :O :O :O

Dumbledor
23rd Mar 2006, 22:01
Try Rudy Toering (Manager) FlightSafety Int. Farnborough, UK. He has been with the company for some time and may know of the video.
Tel: 01252 554500
[email protected]