PDA

View Full Version : RE: What Do You Hate About The Job Of Cabin Crew (just for a giggle!!)

Cabin Pressure89
22nd May 2003, 07:43
Just wondered what you hated about the job of being CABIN Crew????

I hate it when pax pile their trays up like a mountain when you are clearing in!!!!

Also when you have done a long haul flight from London to Hong Kong and pax say "So You Going Back To London Now" Ummm yeah, I always work a 36 hour shift!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee!!!

Bless Em!!!!!

Just for a giggle!!!!

SydGirl
22nd May 2003, 10:12
Overall I think the job is grrrrrrrrrrrrreat..

However I really hate it how I always seem to get milk on my shoes.. and how when I've just had my uniform drycleaned I spill something on it immediately.

Really annoying!
SG
:p

Tapinhas
23rd May 2003, 21:10
Like Sydgirl said,overall the job is great...but what really makes me hate it ,is when i have to work with UNPROFESSIONAL Colleagues.:*

As for the PAx,they have to go a long way to make me mad,as I laugh most of the time(even when insulted),and that pisses them off even more:ok: :=

Tart with the cart
23rd May 2003, 22:04
all of the above.

and pax trying to open the toilet door. I smile sweetly and say 'It's just like the one on your trailer!" Ok I wish I could say that!

Pax asking "where are we?" Like I'm supposed to know! So I just say 'D.i.l.l.i.g.a.f.f!!! :)

Clearing up vomit and acting all sympathetic to the ill person.

But I do love my job. Its the best! :D

Hypoxic Harry
19th Jun 2003, 16:53
I don't have any pet hates towards passengers. Most of them are really good, it's rare that you get a grumpy one. But if I do, I never take it to heart. It doesn't bother me. I know that they are not upset at myself, just the situation. eg-delays.

If I had to choose 1 thing that I least like, I would have to say being on a reserve day. I like to be organised and know what I am doing in advance. So being on call doesn't gel that well for me. Lucky we do not have many of these days.

yanluxor
19th Jun 2003, 18:33
I also hate it when they pile up the trays, they think they are helping us, that´´s not their fault but I still hate it.
I hate when the trash plastic bag is full and I have to put my hand in it to compress the trash, my hands get full of coffee, milk juice and other disgusting things.
I hate when pax are getting up to go to the toilet when the fasten seat belt sign is allready on, on my last flight from dublin to portugal an old woman was takinh her bag from the overhead bin when the captain had already given the order :"cabin crew take your seats for landing" tha aircraft was full and I had to land on the cabin on someone´s lap ! safe flying ;)

starry
23rd Jun 2003, 14:42
I love my job but I find it really amusing when I'm going down the aisle offering COFFEE and the passenger will hold up their cup and ask for "Tea please":hmm:

missleadfoot
24th Jun 2003, 15:12
* I hate going to work and a crew member turns up EXACTLY on sign on time and doesn't have time to read the notices. (well maybe they read them yesterday).

* I hate it when crew dawdle to the plane, hello, we have a job to do, like get it out on time!!

* I hate it when I am asked a safety question in briefing and just cant get the answer out.

* I hate crew who turn up with dirty shoes. (probably milk stains from their last flight).

* I hate it when crew decide they have to change money after they have signed on and delay the boarding (yes, too many times, especially when they have just had a week off)

* I hate it when catering give you the check list and they run away, and you are left undercatered.

* I love it when the demo video doesn't work, I can show the pax my stuff, live.

* I hate it when check in allocate emergency exits to minors, especially on a full flight.

* I hate full flights.

* I hate bar carts with faulty brakes.

* I hate pilots that take 1/2 sugars. (easy fix, full sugar, dont stir)

* I hate C.P. Moles

* I hate the fact that toilet doors and cabin walls are the same color (I dont balme the pax for mistaking the closet for the loo).

* I hate the fact that (the pax feel this way) we are classed as uneducated people here to serve primarily, coffee, tea and dinner.

* I hate the fact many pax blame us for delays, bad weather, turn arounds, seating arrangements, lost luggage, bad landings, bad audio, bad inflight magazine, bad seat comfort (which it's not) , small loos, terrible choice of aircraft, luggage restrictions, missed connections, children crying, bad farts, oh and my favourite, since when did a toilet door handle EVER look like an ashtray!!

I love my job with such a passion. I would not change it for the world. These are things that do get to me but as a professional I take it in my stride. With out these things happening we would be so bored. I love explaining to pax that these things are beyond my control. I try not to blame things on others in the company because really we all represent the company and have to put up with it and ease the situation, but I just wanted to share some things that do irk me. I always have a happy flight. I love it.

TurboJ
24th Jun 2003, 16:25
Its tough at the top.

I was on an Air2000 flight the other week, coming back from Tenerife; A pax sat behind me asked for Benson & Hedges from the duty free ! The guy got some serious abuse from this flight attendant; she was so rude; she only had to say they didn't have any, but instead she went into one !! She was not having a good day.

At least flight attendants don't have to wear body armour as a matter of routine or risk getting shot or stabbed on a daily basis; just serve a few teas and coffees, check a few seat belts and tidy away afterwards !!

raft rower
24th Jun 2003, 20:27
Being vomited on by a child, made my day - NOT :yuk: , Otherwise I love the job!:cool:

leemo
26th Jun 2003, 11:22
TurboJ,

In the light of what happened on 9/11 and several other much smalled 'Air Rage' incidents towards crew, I find your comments offensive.

Believe me its not all about serving tea and coffee.

T_richard
26th Jun 2003, 12:08
As a member of the SLF brigade I have enjoyed reading this thread. It is obvious to me that some people in the CC profession really love what they do, take it dead serious and probably could write a best sellar book about the foibles of passengers when they retire. Here's to you all:D :D :D

One small observation from a Dad (parent) if any CC plans to have children of your own, desensitize yourself to the children puking all over your Rolex watch, gucci shoes whatever. Life doesn't truly start for an adult until their little darling has puked and pissed all over them a million times.

missleadfoot
what is a "cp mole" sounds sinister and corporate.

Any pax that can't discerne the head door from the bulkhead is probably being missed by their village (pun intended)

As a professional investor I love to see full flights, it means that airline will be around for another day. But I understand what you mean. My receptionist used to complain when the office was so busy she was answering the phones non stop. In 2001 the phones stop ringing non stop, she isn't complaining any more.

For the record, my first crush at age 14 was on a 20 something retired stewardess she was the wife of a guy I raced big sail boats with. It was back in the 70's when "stews" were consider little more than flying playboy bunnys. She had organizational skills to match Martha Stewart, a constant smile even when confronted with a boat load of drunken crew, There is more, but you get the point I hope. It's not how they see you, but how you see yourself that comes across.

Illegitimi non carborundum.:ok:

maggioneato
26th Jun 2003, 15:43
I don't know how you put up with the undisciplined SLF. On a flight to Dublin yesterday as SLF, I watched them talk through the safety briefing, not taking any notice, mobile phones were ringing as soon as we had landed on the return flight, one guy was even holding a conversation as he walked to disembark. Minor stuff I suppose, but how do you get such people to co-operate?

Peggy Mitchell
30th Jun 2003, 02:33
Hello Darlins

Orange juice is it Phil ?

What does my head in is saying about 50 times a flight " Just the cup treacle"

Go on get aat my pub...you're barred.....

flossie
30th Jun 2003, 16:42
The one thing no one has mentioned yet!!!
It's not so much a hate, as a general annoyance....call bells! As soon as the aircraft has lifted off the ground, they start!
Or how about when you are sat on an overwing/emergency exit, right opposite a pax, and straight after take off they go, "can I have a glass of water?" It's as if because you are sat opposite them, it makes you their personal f/a!
Ooo, there are loads of things, but in spite of it all most off us love our job, which is why we do it!

What other job gives you unlimited flights to the four corners of the world, and pays you to do it! Not too many!

Happy, safe flying!:cool: