PDA

View Full Version : really trying

jobsworth
6th Apr 2001, 05:00
I have recently gone for a commision in the RAF and have been told I did not score enough to be a pilot. Having worked a/c for 6 years I am aware of what is involved in the job ( military side ). My question is, If I were to invest myself, what do I have to do to get a job, and is being rejected by the mob really the end. You have to bear in mind that I took full advantage of the cheap stella prior to the aptitude tests.

Pandora
6th Apr 2001, 12:20
Maybe part of the aptitude test was to see whether you could keep your hands off the cheap Stella.

Don't let sour grapes (ref; your post on the Tony Underwood thread) and drunkeness get in your way quite so much, and then you might get further.

ROTATION
6th Apr 2001, 12:31
This reminds me of a Derek and Clive (aka Peter Cook and Dudley Moore) sketch:

Policeman :- Sir, you appear to be swearving all over the road.

Clive :- Well what do you expect I'm f**king p1s*ed!!

[This message has been edited by ROTATION (edited 06 April 2001).]

RVR800
6th Apr 2001, 12:35
You appear to have answered your
own question old chap

foghorn
6th Apr 2001, 13:06
Years ago in another career I missed out on several graduate training places in Investment Banks at the final round after sailing through the first rounds of interviews. I wondered why I kept missing out.

In my youthful exuberence it didn't occur to me that the piss-up in the middle evening of the assessment weekend followed by an 8.00am aptitude test was all a part of the assessment. Of course I got completely leathered and did poorly the next morning...

Another lesson learned the hard way... It's been cocoa, biscuits, an early bed and successful interviews for me since then :)

ickle black box
6th Apr 2001, 13:10
What do you mean by, 'is being rejected the end?' Are you young enough to back to the RAF and try again? The Navy and AAC have higher age limits, especially the AAC, which gives you time to change, improve maths and practice a bit. (I've done OASC, and I recon simialar practice would make the tests easier). What about Nav, have you considered that, or was that also ruled out by the aptitude tests. Have you decided to give up on the Forces, and go for a civil flying job?, in which case, you're in the same boat as most other people here. You can pay to do the GAPAN tests, and re-consider your ideas after the results.

It was a bit foolish to hit the Stella, a pint probably wouldn't matter too much, but if you got wasted ...

ickle

schuler_tuned
6th Apr 2001, 14:13
thought the idea was to abuse the stella and then pass the tests. not much point in having all that cheap friday night liquid around and then not be able to fly anything the next morning.probably rules you out for b.a. as well then!