PDA

View Full Version : Class One Medical

Dozza2k
22nd May 2003, 04:01
i know, this probably should be in the medical bit but hey, i'm a wannabe.
I booked my Initial class 1 today and i just wanted to know how long it takes as it starts at 1245 and i have an important engagement that night!
Also, do i have to lay off the booze weeks before the medical?
Its the day after my last A level exam so i prob won't go out to celebrate that achievement. :)
Are there any things i shouldn't do before hand? I am jus throwing these out in the wind, any response would be appreciated.
Thank You
Dozza
:cool:

Dufwer
22nd May 2003, 19:25
I'm surpirsed! This thread has been alive for over twelve hours and nobody has posted the "you-have-to-wear-a-suit-and-tie-or-you-are-not-serious-enough-to-need-a-Class-1" message yet ;)

Ignoring the long term effects of alcohol for now, lay off the booze for a few days at least. I can't imagine a hangover being much fun during the EEG test (EEG? The brain scan thing with the flashing light?). Just wear trousers and shoes that will co-ordinate with a white dressing gown and have on clean underwear for the, hmm, coughing test. :uhoh:

Relax and enjoy.

D

topper2
22nd May 2003, 20:48
Having to Hyperventilate for about 3 minutes during the EEG was probably the worst bit, but I dont think I had to take a single breath for a whole minute after that !

Overall though, the whole thing was quite relaxing (maybe a little boring between tests)

Dozza2k
22nd May 2003, 21:35
ok, now i am worried.
Dufwer, are you joking about the dress code? I do have a suit and tie i wear at school, but i was under the impression you've just gotta turn up. Appearences are not everything ya know :)

..........aaaaaaahhhhhh yes, the paranoia is setting in. its 6 weeks away and i am worried about what to wear!

Irishwingz
22nd May 2003, 21:37
Yeah Dufwer we had that mad thread some while back about dressing up for the medical!

Dont sweat the C1, its fine. I recommend however to print off the regs from www.caa.co.uk the JAR medical requirements and if there is anything that stands out i.e eyesight, medical history, heart etc to get your GP to look over it first. It may save you some cash.....

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on

:}

Send Clowns
22nd May 2003, 21:55
Advice is not to drink alcohol or caffeine the night before or that morning. I have been told it makes very little difference, but that little could be important so it may be wise. Otherwise it's a breeze - either you will pass or (a small chance) you will not. Don't worry about it!

Dufwer
22nd May 2003, 22:05
Dozza2k, don't worry about dress code, there isn't one. Jeans and trainers did me fine. It's your A levels you should be sweating about ;)

Hope all goes well,

D

High Wing Drifter
23rd May 2003, 05:23
Yeah Dufwer we had that mad thread some while back about dressing up for the medical!
You might laugh but the other guys I saw were wearing suits! Well suit trousers anyway :) There I was with a fleece and jeans, well just the jeans for most of the time. The same happened to me when I went to the GAPAN test too (except that I got to keep my top on that time). Especially with a veritible (smelling?) squadron of RAF hopefulls in the room too.