PDA

View Full Version : Employment tip off's

dynamite dean
21st May 2003, 21:37
Hi chaps and chappess',

Well I am a 1500hr instructor from George, Just trying to make a transition to the next stage in my career development.
I have used Pprune many times before and found very beneficial.
So might as well use it as another point of job prospecting!

I have been doing the well worn path off going around Lanseria ecetera to try and find a job!

I understand that it's quite "clicky" up here so my sales line of "can I have a job and I promise I wont be a nuisance and eat garlic the night before - in the cockpit isn't working." Having said that most people have been very polite and said that at the moment the market is a little slack to say the least.Having said that I've gotta start somewhere to keep ends meeting.So whilst the twin job may take a bit of time to come through this is my add:

:{ :{ :{ I'll instruct, but does anyone no where there could be somesort of instructing job going in Johannesburg - help!

4granted
22nd May 2003, 04:25
Try Benoni Brackpan, not a bad operation. Speak to Mr Sluggy. Always most helpfull.
All the best
hb4g
:p
p.s. send him my regards

Jacobest
24th May 2003, 19:00
I have been flying in Johannesburg area now for the past 6 years and even with my 2700 hours plus and ATP, I still get the same reply of "at the moment the market is a little slack ".

The funny thing is though, speak to all the pilots who do fly there and a lot of them will say the same thing. "I wish I could have a day off". It seems that the pilots who do work there are so overworked (and believe me there is a lot of work otherwise none of the charter companies would be operating), but they are too scared to say something because they know, once you have a complaint, the "charter girls" simply find someone who does not complain. And that is normally the new young guys who are just too happy to have a job. Only problem is, one year down the line the Old new guys start to complain and they get booted for a new young pilot.

I have been in this industry now for 12 years and all I can say is this, as long as there are pilots out there who are willing to undercut the next pilot and as long as there are Charter Companies who are willing to exploit this, The only way you will get a job in Johannesburg is to fly for free, or even better, pay the companies to fly:ok:

sanjo69
26th May 2003, 15:38
Dean was my instructor in George. Despite my many problems with the school and its UK based agent, I can certainly recommend Dean as a 1st class instructor.

He gets on well with his students, professional, has a great sense of humour (really, I know this is unusual for an instructor !), very experienced and above all gets the job done !!

He is certainly worth an interview with a first class company and no doubt will be a great asset to YOU !!!

Any personal references are welcomed, just PM or email me

Regards

sandy Young