PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical

Eagle 1
10th Feb 2001, 00:24
just wondering, what kind of licences could you get off a class 2 medical and what jobs would be restricted and what wouldn't be restricted with a class 2 ?
thanx
Eagle 1

cortilla
10th Feb 2001, 01:36
To earn money you need a class 1 medical. That sucks. But you can become a flight instructor. do glider towing or drop parachutists all for free. I heard there was a way of making cash one way or another after xxx hours instructing, but i'm not sure. I know people consider them the Comitee Against Aviation (CAA), but whenever I called (okay okay had to hold for several minutes) and got a licensing officer on the line, they have been extremely helpful. ;)

Mr Magoo
10th Feb 2001, 02:27
With a class 2 medical just learn the following phrase:

"Would you like to go large on that for 50p extra?"

Harlequin
6th Apr 2001, 02:15
Is there any commercial flying work possible with only a Class 2 medical? Can one become an instructor with only a class 2 medical?

Thanks for any information.

H.

Tiger_ Moth
7th Apr 2001, 16:53
Im not completely sure but im pretty sure you need a class 1 medical to earn money from flying. At least in Europe. Its easier to get a class 1 medical in the US than over here though

cessnaman
7th Apr 2001, 19:53
I think Tiger Moth maybe right. My reason for this is when you start a Professional licence, which is what you need to be paid of course, they usually advise getting a class 1 medical before you start, so as not to find out at the end that you are medicallty unfit having spent thousands. You would need to ask someone who is an instructor nad they will tell you. However, I will try to find out for you. I'll ask at the club.

Bye bye

Harlequin
7th Apr 2001, 23:22
Tiger_Moth and Cessnaman,

thanks for the replies,

H.