PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard interfearing with tv reception?

tony draper
21st May 2003, 06:37
Old mate of mine just called me, He says he can hear a keyboard tippy tapping on his TV sound, on a couple of channels.
Anybody ever heard of this?, apparently his neigbour used a computer and he says the sound corresponds to when he can see the guy at his puter thru the window.
I thought these wire free keyboards used IR or something, do some systems use RF freqs?.

Nightrider
21st May 2003, 16:44
There is i.e. the Gyration keyboard and mouse available, RF controlled, and this works fine, at least no neighbour complains here....

tony draper
21st May 2003, 17:04
Ok thanks, looks like he is not imagining it then, he has two TV's on different aeriels,only one has the interference, so I will retune his beeping TV to a different transmiter, that might fix it.

Nightrider
22nd May 2003, 05:14
there may be a chance to "tune" the keyboard to a different channel. I can train the keyboard, the mouse, the drawing pad and....to use other channels for communication. On the other hand, I actually tested just for fun the distance the keyboard is capable to send accurate signals, this was less than 30 yards.
The mouse, however, (it is a gyro type which can be used also as a handheld pointing device) had no problems to communicate at a much farther distance.
I took the keyboard and the mouse all around my house as well as in the neighbours house....no interference at all, I was just curious after your posting, but then....who knows.