PDA

View Full Version : B-777 Head of State Aircraft - Beirut

YYC F/A
20th May 2003, 08:21
Hi guys (and gals)

A bit of an off-the-beaten-track question: I understand that there is a 777 used for "Head of State flying" based in Beiruit. Any idea's who this would actually be for? Is there a Royal Family or is there a 'President' so to speak...

Also, has anyone seen the aircraft? What nationality are the crew?

Apparently they are recruiting for 'vip flight attendants' and I was interested in getting some background info...

Thanks!

(And yes, it is Beiruit, and not Bahrain, doh! ;) )

mutt
20th May 2003, 11:28
The aircraft is owned by "Saudi Oger" which is a construction company owned by Rafik Hariri, he became the Prime Minister of Lebanon in 2000.

Check out http://english.rafikhariri.net/

Mutt.

gashbag
20th May 2003, 19:30
Hi,
Does anyone know where this position for crew was advertised?
Thankyou:D

Payscale
21st May 2003, 15:17
YYC F/A.....hmmm.... "is there a "president" so to speak" very derrogatory. Or actually ignorant on your behalf.

Yes! fantastic! those wild creatures living in the cradle of civilization actually got together and elected a president..

See where I am going ...?

He is a very respected and extreamly rich gentleman. Owns several aircraft.

gulf-crew
24th May 2003, 08:20
Fantastic job opportunity working for this outfit, good money great roster month on/off see corporate job at top of this page believe that was the advert.

If only It had come up 5 months ago would have jumped at the chance to work for them but alas now in a great job.

If you get the chance to work for them take it you'll love it.

Nice bunch of people to work with and for.

GC

Life's a corporate jet

YYC F/A
26th May 2003, 03:17
Payscale...

Sorry you chose to interpret my post that way, what I was trying to establish is whether there was any kind of monarchy in Lebanon, which would determine if it was a 'President' as opposed to a 'Prime Minister' at head of government affairs.

Apologise if you feel that this is an ignorant question, but I was not totally familiar with the detailed foreign affairs in Lebanon, and was keen to learn more about the situation there - hence why I was asking the question!!!

I can assure you that there was not 'derrogatory' inference, Gulf Crew / Mutt thank you for your info, I agree that this is a very respected gentleman indeed.

cedarjet747
1st Jun 2003, 06:56
Just to agree with most of the above, Hariri is indeed the Prime Minister of Lebanon and a man deeply respected almost right across the board in a country historically known for deep political division.

The 777 at BEY doesn't see that much action, indeed I spent the summer of 2001 in a villa overlooking the airport and the 777 was there almost the entire time. Granted at most I looked every two days so it may well have done day trips out of the city but I guess like most private or head-of-state aircraft it doesn't get anything like the utilisation a commercial airliner would get.

Finally, Lebanon is a beautiful spot and Beirut a vast, westernised city where your phone and ATM card work, the food and nightlife are fabulous and the people among the friendliest and most talented and able in the world. Great city (except for the traffic), but if it's too hot just head up into the mountains that tower over the coastal plain for some cool air; and the view of the city and the Med on one side and - jewel of the entire Roman Empire - the Bekaa Valley on the other.

homesick rae
13th Jun 2003, 04:18
Anyone know anymore?Anybody apply?

gulf-crew
13th Jun 2003, 06:04
I think that they have all the male positions filled now as the interviews were nearly two weeks ago. They may still be looking for female applicants though don't know

Very good package, great money, fantastic crew to work with, would have jumped at the chance to have gone for it however really happy where I am, got a few contacts who work there and they are all great people and have a good time.