PDA

View Full Version : Color blind again

ncusack
20th May 2003, 05:44
Hi everyone,
Today me worst fear has been realised. I have been told by an eye doctor in geneva that I have mild color blindness. What "Mild" means I dunno but that is the situation. Today I have been reading every thread on the issue all day and it is at least a bit encouraging. The eye doc was also encouraging and he said listen if you really want to get an ATPL then don't let my word be final.

So I have booked another appointment with a guy in dubendorf which is beside where the swiss authority test for and issue the Class 1 medical and he will do a lantern test etc etc to be sure before I pay for the medical itself.

First of all, does anyone know if a Class one medical in Switzerland is the same as a Class one in the UK? Also now that I am color blind, Is it foolhardy to follow this dream as even if I pass it now, in 5 years time could I meet a sticky doctor who refuses to renew my medical cert?

Thanks for any input;

Ncusack

Blinkz
20th May 2003, 07:18
alright mate. i'm in the same situation you are. am slightly colourblind. from what i've read here as well as other reports on the net i think i *mite* be able to pass the lantern test.

I've got mine 2moro! :\

as long as you past the lantern test then you are sorted. In the UK there are also a few other tests you can do, but i'm not sure exactly what they are. good luck with ur test.

wish me luck for mine 2moro!!