PDA

View Full Version : Captain John Burgess - Memorial Service

Second Grace
20th May 2003, 04:36
A Memorial Service is to be held for John, at 3pm at the RAF Chapel (between the gate guardians) at Biggin Hill, on Tuesday June 17th, with a further gathering afterwards at Joe's Bar.

John's family invite all his flying friends to join them in this celebration of John's life, and request that those who wish to attend should avoid dark suits and sombre colours.

(Captain John Burgess was lost at sea from his yacht earlier this year. A thread on PPRuNE carried this sad news: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86648)

Second Grace
23rd May 2003, 04:16
I hope no-one will mind if I put this back near the top.

John's family would be very pleased to see a good gathering of his friends on the 17th, so if you know someone who knew John, please pass the word on.

VIKING9
27th May 2003, 17:06
Sadly, I can't make the 17th service but my thoughts are with JB's family. Very sad news indeed.

MadeleineBurgess
3rd Jun 2003, 21:43
On behalf of my family I would like to thank you for your kind words of condolence during this difficult time.

John's funeral will take place at 2.15pm on Monday 9th June at St Peters Church, Ashley Road, Hale, Altrincham, Cheshire.

As was previously posted, there will be a memorial service at 3pm on Tuesday 17th June at the RAF Chapel, Main Road, Biggin Hill.

Both services are for family and close friends and colleagues of John. We are asking that those attending wear cheerful clothing to reflect John's zest and love of life. This would have been his wish.

The funeral directors are Ashton Brookes on 0161 928 2000 and we are leaving it up to individuals whether to send flowers or make a donation to John's favourite charity, the British Heart Foundation.

If you are attending either service please would you let John Willis know via email [email protected].

Again thank you for your kind thoughts at this sad time.

Madeleine