PDA

View Full Version : RAF Breitlings

StopStart
20th May 2003, 02:44
Going under the premise that he with the most toys wins and that all the birds love a pilot with a big watch, does anyone know where I can get hold of one the Breitlings adorned with the RAF pilot's brevet? Do they still make these or was it a limited run?

I feel I deserve one after the terrible privations I've had to suffer out East recently :p

BEagle
20th May 2003, 03:02
Stoppers,

As a fully paid up bar her...., sorry, I mean war hero, why not contact the Breitling PR people in the UK. Say something like "I need something to prove to my beloved that I didn't blow all my allowances in hotel bars - and I know that your products will surely add a couple of inches to my willy, bringing it up to ooh - about 4 inches when angry. So send me one please - and I'll even tell my mates how good it is if you'll bung me some discount...."

Alternatively, try the nearest souk?

Seriously, Breitling are pretty good with the RAF - so you might be able to get a good price on an Aerospace if you're polite...

Jackonicko
20th May 2003, 06:18
Stoppers,

The Jag Force and other groups have commissioned 'logoed' Breitlings - of various types. The number you need to order is surprisingly low, and the price is surprisingly good (way below retail), and the organising officer usually gets a freebie, I suspect. So why not get a Herc force/pie eater special commissioned?

mikegearsdown
20th May 2003, 16:40
StopStart

I think 50 is the minimum order and the last run saw the organiser with a freebie for his troubles.

If you feel like organising it, this is the chap to contact:

Alan Parfitt
TWG Distribution Ltd
2nd Floor East
Threeways House
40-44 Clipstone Street
LONDON
W1W 5JT

Don't worry, he'll only put 10% on for being light blue!!:D

Basil
20th May 2003, 18:21
Breitling! :yuk:

FEBA
20th May 2003, 23:22
Alternatively you could try Bangkok. You can get any type of Breitling with any logo you like for about 5 Bahts. You could probably get your rocket polished for about half that price as well!
:cool:

maxburner
21st May 2003, 00:06
FEBA

Its most reassuring to see the thread reduced to a base level so efficiently. Any particular bar in Bangkok?

Audax
21st May 2003, 01:47
FEBA---5 Baht for a watch and 21/2 for anything else, you should try bartering!

wub
21st May 2003, 02:56
I once asked a Thai 'Breitling' vendor if the watch was waterproof, he replied "8 feet". I said, "So the watch is waterproof to 8 feet?" He said "No, don't take it within 8 feet of water!" :rolleyes:

flyboy007
21st May 2003, 03:54
Ha. Could be worse. I know a guy that bought an imitation in Malaysia. When the date got to 31 it kept going, up to about 45 or 50!Must have different Calender system over there.

L J R
21st May 2003, 06:01
Didn't someone return theirs in a plastic bag recently as it disintegrated while he was wearing it in a Jet over Baghdad some time in mid March. - Just when he needed it most!

DummyRun
21st May 2003, 10:21
BEags,

Hotel bar?, allowances?

Shurely shome mishtake!

No, hang on, I do vaguely remember.........

maxy101
21st May 2003, 22:25
Actually itīs 300 Baht to get it polished in BKK

Mud Clubber
22nd May 2003, 07:05
Dude here is the deal. When I was at Linton the first of these wings watches were made and sold to the staff and studes alike. The minimum number they will take is 50 but once the pattern is made you can buy one subsequently whenever you want. The even let you change the pattern up to twice after you own the bad boy.
So, the answer to your question is: phone them up and they should let you buy one. (Do it at the start of the month)
:O :O

StopStart
22nd May 2003, 14:02
Cheers Mud, I was hoping that might be the case :p

As for getting things polished in Bangkok I frankly don't know what you gentlemen are talking about but I suspect it's got nothing to do with watches.

And as for fake watches, all well and good looks-wise but hosties can smell a fake watch at 50ft.

:hmm:

FEBA
22nd May 2003, 17:03
You can get a fake hostie in Bankok too. Not sure about the price though. As for attracting hosties with flash watches; have you ever thought about using charisma, it's a fraction of the price of a Brietling. Good luck mate. :cool:

chinny
22nd May 2003, 17:35
;) StopStart----it's not the watch they can smell from 50':ooh:

StopStart
22nd May 2003, 22:08
FEBA - Charisma? What's the point? I don't want to have conversations with them....

Chinny - I did wonder....... :p

:ok:

FEBA
23rd May 2003, 00:12
Stopper's You've really got me laughing with your last. I can just hear your chat up line
The scene : Disco night at the Boothby Grafoe Social club Stop Start (not to be confused with a sexual technique) saunters up to a fit looking bird, Sheila from Scampton, she looks 'well up for it'
"Hi" says Stop Start "Do ya wanna have a look at me Breitling" ..............;) :ok:

flapsforty
23rd May 2003, 01:43
TopTart, nothing wrong with your charisma.
But do refrain from putting in those teeth.
And ... eeeerrrmmm..... remember, nothing frightens off a hostie like brewers droop.
Breitling or no Breitling. :p

StopStart
23rd May 2003, 04:53
FEBA :ok:

You miss the point!
I won't have use any of my chat-up line repetoire because the birds are just attracted by the big watch ;)

Ms Flaps - delighted to hear from you! :E I shan't bring the teeth then. As for the brewers droop, no danger of that! Please see the attached photo of my huge, proud c*ck.....

http://www.2funnypictures.com/186.jpg

Ah the long winter nights............

:}

(surely you'll have to moderate that filthy innuendo :\ )

Big Cat Handler
24th May 2003, 04:43
I don't see what all the fuss is about Breitlings. I got a perfectly good watch from stores. And there's probably less people wear HMG's finest than Breitlings, so it ought to qualify as more stylish. I think. :hmm:

Art Field
24th May 2003, 22:43
Maybe but just remember you have to give it back when you leave so that they can flog it off for a couple of quid.

sarboy w****r
25th May 2003, 06:48
Yes, it would appear that HM Forces is the only company that asks for your watch back when you retire instead of giving you one.

However, just remember that if this grates your member, or you'd rather not pay taxes, just go for a 2 hour beach bimble/jolly at the start of the financial year. That way, any taxes that you'll pay/money for kit you've got to pay for over the next 12 months have just been spent in the way that you've seen fit!:ok:

FEBA
30th May 2003, 00:04
Never mind your Brietlings this is the watch for the sophisticated military flier
http://membres.lycos.fr/jjcasalo/odd_watches/carlo_ferrara.htm

StopStart
30th May 2003, 00:26
I think you mean

http://membres.lycos.fr/jjcasalo/odd_watches/Pics/carlo_ferrara.jpg

It does have an air of gayness about it I agree. Can I say that?

:rolleyes:

I think the discerning gentleman flier only needs one of these....

http://noveltywatches.com/images/mmusical005b.jpg

airhairlair
30th May 2003, 02:35
Yes, bought a "Brietling" from Honkers a few years ago. Most impressive until I dropped it and all the numbers fell off and collected in a lump around 18:00hrs.....

FEBA
30th May 2003, 19:35
That's the one, now why didn't mine work ???