PDA

View Full Version : BA Direct Entry FB 27-Mar

flap_actuator
5th Apr 2001, 21:40
Just received the rejection letter today, so I guess it's back to the charter work!

Gotta admit I'm not that dissapointed as I have been weighing up the pro's and con's. If the treads on the 744 column are accurate its no great loss!

Have any of you guys been called to the sim stage?

Pielander
5th Apr 2001, 22:55
Flap

I wish I was eligible to apply! :)

I'm not being at all off with you here, but I think you might get a livelier response from the "Rumours & News" forum. They seem to be buzzing about the DEP thing, whereas, we lowly wannabes are mostly pre-airline types who would probably kill to be in your position. :)

Still, it's all relative I suppose, & the gress is always greener... Perhaps you could give us some advice on how you got where you are now?

Pie

flap_actuator
6th Apr 2001, 16:31
I received a sponsorship back in '97 and attended Cabair in Cranfield.

The competition was fierce. I think around 3,000 applied for a total of 8 slots. The best advice about getting through these things is just to be yourself. At the interviews don't bulls*it anyone just be open and honest. If you don't know an answer say so, but really sell yourself. Show confidence but not arrogance and be as relaxed as you can on the big day.

With regards to aptitude tests, swot up on number problems, speed/distance/time etc.. find web sites that give you number problems.

Never give up on your dreams as you will get in eventually but don't put all your eggs in one basket. You may have to pay a little to get there so don't write off those 50% sponsorship schemes.

Good luck all!!

Gentleman Aviator
7th Apr 2001, 19:56
F_A,

I wonder if you would mind giving an insight into how the phases of selection were run by BA. I know that there is a lot of information archived about the process, but wondered if it was still valid.

Finally, why do you think you were not selected? Do BA pass that sort of information on?

E-mail me if you would prefer,

Many thanks

GA