PDA

View Full Version : Ops Control Systems

El Jefe
18th May 2003, 21:47
After info re: ops control systems
Have used RM Rocade. Have been told AIMS is worth looking at. Any other Systems in the market? Has anyone used either or both or another system. would appreciate any sort of feedback.
Regards
El Jefe

VIKING9
19th May 2003, 00:28
Having used Lisline, Acrobat and AIMS in the past, in my opinion AIMS is by far the best, although very expensive. Depends on the size of fleet you are operating. With AIMS, I had 15 aircraft and associated crews to manage and it was simple. Acrobat and Lisline are fine but can be a bit long winded in areas.

fcit
19th May 2003, 02:45
El Jefe,

try SkyOps & SkyCrew from a company called Cyberjet. If you are a mid sized airline than you will receive a software that virtually has the same functions as the big ones, but is considerably cheaper (your bean counters will love you).

If you need flyers and or contact info, please email me at [email protected]

Cheers
fcit

GroupWatcher
19th May 2003, 03:22
Has Acrobat got a webpage?

Thx
GW

cj
19th May 2003, 16:53
try this one

acrobat (http://www.acrobatico.com)

El Jefe
19th May 2003, 18:35
Thanks for the info.
Obviously there is a budget. which one would be best value for money. Only plan to do this once, so want to get it right first time.
Regards
El Jefe

G fiend
19th May 2003, 20:25
El jefe,

I'm currently using SDT's Airops and Aircrews- not bad and it is designed to be a complete system, including slot management, flight scheduling, crew rostering etc- Have to say it's expensive and it is shortly to be replaced by a very much updated system, but it was simple and easy to use, with lots of good features. It's not a PC based system.

BAL are currently using the old system, but ANZ are heavily involved in development and it's popular in the far east. SDT are flexible about modifications and specific enhancements.

Have had some experience of ROC- wasn't impressed, AIMS is OK.
:ok: :8 :)

SFG
21st May 2003, 15:25
You should look at SITA. They have FleetWatch, Ops Control including FleetWise - decision support. As part of the same system you can have FleetPlan, Schedules planning, and FleetTrack - Maintenance planning.

Well worth a look at their website.

www.flightops.sita.aero

crundale
22nd May 2003, 03:35
Promise I'm not on commission, but I'm going to sing the praises of Acrobat again.
Better than SITA or Geneva, cheaper than AIMS, much friendlier than RM, they have really revamped it in the last 6 months, so those who haven't used it in that time wouldn't recognise it.
Really worth a try, talk to the guys there and arrange a visit to one of the users.

Whooaahh
22nd May 2003, 21:17
Hey fcit,

How can I get more info on CyberJet, SkyOps and SkyCrew?

Tried searching for them on the net and drew a blank.

Pls adv, :ok:

Whooaahh!!!

fcit
23rd May 2003, 08:42
Whooaah,

you have mail. Any additional info required drop me your email address.

Cheers
fcit

Crundale,

checked out the website for Acrobat. Is it true that it only runs on Unix servers? May be difficult from the maitenance side, when working with it in a windows environment.

Cheers
fcit

crundale
23rd May 2003, 16:11
fcit,
We run acrobat through Windows and dont have any real problems with it. As long as you reboot the server every now and then on a quiet night...
If you want any more info send me a pm.
c

fcit
24th May 2003, 06:40
Crundale,

you have a PM

Cheers
fcit

ozopsboy
1st Jun 2003, 14:23
Have used LH Skynet , SDT AirOps , Geneva and CTI AirPac systems. While all systems did the Ops Control job well when they failed thats when the problems began.
Out of all of them LH Skynet was the easyest to use and good support. Make sure that the company invests in a quality IT contract and decent IT people. When implementing a new system there is nothing worse than a blank screen and a goose on the end of a phone saying that "sorry but your company has stage 2 level support so call back during office hours."

Very embarising indead, by he next day a dedicated IT person appeared.

G fiend
14th Jun 2003, 06:50
ozopsboy: Too right!

El Jefe: ozopsboy is right- most systems will do the job, most suppliers will modify their systems for your requirements but all systems will fall down unless you have sufficient support- don't let your IT dept forget they're working for an airline. From my experience that is what makes an ops system bad.

If I may, another word of advice: make sure that the people who draw up the requirements and/or help develop the system are the people who will use it in anger- BAL let the Ops boys loose on our SDT airops, which turned out to be a simple, effective tool (I wisb I could say the same about the crewing system)